chapter 13

Dimitri's POV

A week later

------------------

The sun is setting. The rose petals were sprinkled down the walkway... where Roza will soon walk down.

The string quartet started to play the wedding march. I glanced at my family who had flown in during the weekend and smiled at my mom. she smiled back in return and I calmed down a bit.

Rose walked to the arch in the back with her scaryass dad holding her elbow. Her smile lit up the whole garden. Everyone turned and smiled back at her.

I could tell she was nervous. Her eyes flicked from her mom in the crowds to the garden itself surrounding us, the wedding and our close friends and family.

She took a deep breath before she started to walk. Slowly. She walks down in her soft white dress that dragged at the back and had a dark red ribbon around her middle with a rose at the side.

She reached me and Abe handed her hand to my stretched open hand. she climbed up the rest of the way followed by Mia and Lissa who looked behind me and smiled at Christian who held sleeping Elizabeth.

I gazed down at Rose's eyes and smiled before turning to the preist.

"we are gathered here today with Dimitri Belikov and Rosemarie Hathway" I saw Roza flinch at her full name but oblivious, the preist kept going.

" as they exchange vows of their everlasting love. At this point, if any mancan show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him speak now or forever hold your peace."

There's a silence for 7 seconds as the priest waits and everyone else waits. The priest decided that it was ok to continue and turned to me as he broke the silence.

"Dimitri, will you take this women to be your lawfully wedded wife? will you love her, comfort her,honour, and keep her in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?"

I took a nervous, shaky breath before answering. "I do" I smiled at Rose as her cheeks flamed red in embarassment and nervousness.

the priest turned to her.

Rose's POV

-----------------

He turned to me before he spoke in a clear voice. I still had butterflies in my stomach and yet I was happier than I ahve ever been.

"Rose, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? will you love him, comfort him, honour and keep him in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

I turned to Dimitri and looked into his eyes as I replied. "I do" I saw his eyes sparkle in happiness. Mine probably showed the same. I took a quick peek at Abe. And was surprised to see him with tears in his eyes. I knew deep  down that Abe actually knew that Dimitri was the best person I could marry.

As I looked at Dimitri getting the ring from Christian, I felt my heart flutter. I loved him so much.

the priest started talking once dimitri had the ring in his hand. "Let us now witness their vows."

I looked at Dimitri once again as he took a hold of my left hand. "I, Dimitri Belikov, take Rosemarie Hathaway to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

My hands shook as he slipped the plain silver band with our initials engraved in it on. Now it  was my turn as I turned to Lissa and smiled at her as she handed me the ring.

I turned back, took a deep breath and started.

"I, Rosemarie Hathaway, take Dimitri Belikov to be my wedded husband , to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part. I take his warm hands in my shaky ones as I slip on the silver band onto his finger.

We hold hands and turn to the priest for his last few words.

"and so by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. you may now kiss the bride."

Dimitri didnt need to be told twice as he swiftly turned me to him and swopped down and crashed his lips to mine. I kissed him back and smiled in the kiss before pulling away. I hugged him and with my mouth next to his ears i whispered " i love you" and smiled even more hen I felt him shiver.

I turned to Lissa an huuged her. " thank you so much Lissa, for all your help. without your friendship, I probably wouldnt be in this position." I pulled away and she smiled at me. " no Rose, thank you. You've done so much more for me. I will never be able to fully repay you."

I only smiled and turned to dimitri where he was talking with his family. As if he felt me looking, he turned to me and smiled.

I looked around but could not find the two people that brought me into this world but I could not find them.

I shrugged and turned to Lissa before she took a hold of my wrist and started pulling me into the royal chamber and into her room where my dress hamg from a hook on the wall. a dress that I'm going to change into for when Dimitri and I am going to our honeymoon.

Which was now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this chapter was a lot longer than the rest. i hope you liked it !!

yay they finally get married! whoop whoop...

I wonder how long this story will take. im already on chapter 13 and they just got married!

Vote / Comment / Fan!

thank yous to all my readers who are so patient and wait till I update :]