Alternate Ending

THIS ENDING IS A "REPLACEMENT" FOR THE LAST CHAPTER

Dimitri's POV

------------------

I could hear the Strigois entering the palace. They're destroying everything. The crashes and yells that reach me makes me frustrated that I can do anything. We could never figure out why Lissa couldn't heal Rose or me that night, but I couldn't care less. Just knowing that she's going to be ok makes me glad.

I grab the stake that always lay on each of our nightstands as I hear them come running down the hall, banging down doors and smashing windows. The room door slams open and the Strigois stop.

"Well, well, well. look what we have here. Guardian Dimitri. What are you doing in bed?" He smirked before looked around the room as he came closer to me. "And where's Mrs. Belikov?"

I don't answer.

He smiles before walking to me. But before he reaches me, a blur of dark long hair knocks him out of the way.

"Roza!" I couldn't help but yell as she threw a stake at one of them, hitting him right in the heart. 2 more come in. They weren't exactly attacking. But I knew. I knew that they weren't gonna let us go. They were here to kill us. I saw Rose stand next to my bed, in a possessive stance, ready to attack if any of them came close.

"Rose, just get out." 

"I'm not going to leave you Dimitri!" A look of determination came across her face.

There were about 12 in the room, there was no way we were going to come out of this alive.  But then two strigois suddenly grabbed her. Taking the stakes away, careful not to touch them directly by wearing gloves.

My heart broke as the first strigoi that came in smiled at me as he grabbed her neck. He smiled, an unsympathetic, evil look in his eyes. And in that moment, I knew. Everything slowed down. I saw her whisper I love you, pain, sadness and love swam in her eyes.

... but the snap never came, instead, the strigoi holding Rose burst up into flames, he let Rose go, screaming in pain. And then the the two strigois holding the stakes caught on fire, not like the first, but just enough for them to be distracted and drop the stakes. 

Rose didn't hesitate, the moment she had been let go, she ran, slid onto the floor and grabbed the stakes. she immediately staked the two closest to her. Which happened to be the two on fire. The 9 left started towards her as she ran a stake up into the lead strigois heart, who still happened to be on fire. The moment she had retracted the stake, she swiveled around, stake the first one to reach her.

One burst up into flames again. She was busy fighting another when a strigoi was sneaking up on her from behind. I reacted, grabbing the stake from the nightstand and throwing it hard enough so that it pierced his heart from the back, crumbling to the ground. 

"Thanks!" she yelled out without turning around, continuing to stake the one on fire after successfully killing the other. There were only 5 of them left and they had slowed to a stop, wary of Rose. They had known she was an extremely good guardian, but they hadn't known she was this good. 

Rose stood there, breathing hard, her stance told me she was tired. She slowly backed away. Keeping and eye on them, she picked up the other stakes on the floor. Her second stake still in the chest of the lead strigoi, my two in the chest of the first two.  

And then one of the strigois lunged forward, reaching for Rose. Once he took two steps, a small fire burst out from his chest. He screamed, immediately stepping back. The fire went out, and the strigoi snarled in pain. 

Fast as lightning, Rose chucked a stake at his heart, and he fell to the ground. Another Strigoi growled before lunging forward. And like before, fire erupted from his chest and when he stepped back, the fire ceased. 

She was standing in front of my bed. So I took a quick look around, noticing the door to the secret passage way was closed, which was odd because Rose had left it open when she flew back into the room. But then it clicked. The fire! It was Christian! 

Rose had three stakes left, and there were four of them left. She tensed up, and I knew she was going to use all three and fight the fourth one until she was able to reach a stake. She sprinted towards them. Catching them surprise, she easily stabbed one and did a 360 as the other three came from behind. I grabbed a remote from the side table and threw it at one, while another burst into flames. With two distracted for a split second, she staked one, leaving the stake in. 

The one I hit with the remote, turned to me, looking smug as he jogged towards me. I quickly looked around me, but before I could, the strigoi fell face forward with a stake in his back. The last one was still on fire, but it was growing weaker by the second. Rose quickly grabbed a stake from a dead strigoi's chest and fought the strigoi. The fire had caused him to be slightly weaker so after about 30 seconds of struggling, she stuck the stake, up between his ribs and into his heart. 

Rose let out a deep breath, fell to the floor and looked at me gravely. Just then, 5 Guardians came running into the room. Assessing the room, Rose, and all the dead strigois. 

"We were able to handle the ones outside," Rose only nodded, pointed towards the closet door and said, "Christian"

Two jogged over and opened the door, revealing a collapsed Christian, breathing heavily. "I'm fine, just exhausted." The other three helped rose back up and took her to the edge of my bed.

"Where is Queen Vasilisa? And Princess Elizabeth?" This time it was Christian who pointed down the tunnel. But before any of the guardians moved, Rose spoke up. "I'll go, she's my charge and no one but a select people know where that tunnel leads to. So, I'll go." 

Instead of going for the tunnel, the guardians helped her get up, and led her to the doorway. There, she turned around and faced them, "makes sure everyone else is led to the hospital and taken care of, and we're going to need as many reinforcement as we can. Go to communities, don't call them names, just because they aren't guardians doesn't mean they aren't one of us, be extremely polite. ASK for temporary volunteers, don't force anyone. We're going to need everyone, moroi and dhampirs alike, to help clean up Court, help in the hospital and everything.

The Guardians left after helping Christian onto a chair that had miraculously survived in the fight and chaos. Rose turned toward me, a small smile that made my heart flutter in my chest. "I'm glad you're alive Dimitri, I love you" I smiled back, "I love you too Roza," She turned around and started her slow walk down the tunnel, she stopped and looked back, as if to make sure I was still here.

 "Go Rose, go get my wife and daughter, I'll watch Dimitri while you're gone." Christian said tiredly from his chair. She hesitated, meeting my eyes again, before continuing her descend down the tunnel. I let out a breath, watching her disappear in the dark tunnel, knowing she'll come back to me again.

____________________________________________________________________________________

OKAY YOU GUYS THIS IS IT! HOPE YOU LIKE THIS BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL CHAPTER! THIS TOOK ME LIKE 1.5 HOURS SOOOO

COMMENT    [VOTE]    FOLLOW

Written on 8.20.2015 

I'm starting to get more ideas about things I could potentially write about so I might start a new story again. I promise not to delete it this time. FOLLOW to get notified when I do  post something new!