Chapter 21

Rose's POV

------------------

"Nooo!!" my voice rang out through the woods as I panicked.

"Dimitri! oh my god DIMITRI!!"

I held his head on my lap as I tried to wake him from unconciousness. I was leaning over his head, covering his wound with my hands.

I snapped my head up as i heard the crunching of twigs and leaves as the strigois closed in. I took his jacket off and tied it around his body adding pressure to his wound.

I softly laid his head on the ground as I looked for something to keep the strigois away. Disappointed in finding none, I just stuck with my stakes and dragged Dimitri to the trunk of a tree. I left his stakes hanging from its place at his waist just in case he woke up.

I spotted the first strigoi coming straight at me. I blocked his first attack but my breath got knocked out of me by his second. As he tried to get his third into me, I saw a perfect opening and slid my stake up his ribs and into his heart.

Three more had come and were walking slowly. Circling me and Dimitri. One charged and I dodged his blow and I side stepped the next before finding an opening. I easily slid my stake up to his heart.

Five more arrived and at that instant I knew. I knew the reeason why they were just surrounding us. Not attacking. They were waiting for the leader. Dimitri and I were going to go with them.

A single strigoi stalked up from deep inside the forest. The leader.

"You and Dimitri can come with us calmly or we can force you. But I would perfer you come by choice"

I frowned in concetration as I thought it out and I opened my mouth to speak but someone else spoke.

"Rose, go along with it. I don't want you getting hurt if they force us." I saw Dimirti roll his head on his shoulders and groan in pain.

"Fine. But I have a condition."

"OK. What are you purposing?" He tilted his head as if amused.

"No one touches Dimitri but me on the way." I gulped a lump in my throat.

"Understood." He motioned the others before speaking to them.

"Nobody is to bother them on the way. If you do, Im going to have you killed."

And that was it. I lifted Dimitri up and held him up as we were surrounded by strigois. And we started our slow, painful walk.

•••••••••••••••••

7 hours ago

Dimitri's POV

-----------------

I made sure Christian was with Lissa in their room before Rose and I went outside to the awaiting van. Everything we needed was already in the van. The clothes, foods and weapons.

We, being Rose and I, agreed that we would be the only ones going. Leaving Eddie with them along with the rest of the guardians will keep them safe. And besides, with the recent attack, there was no way that we would let Lissa out of the newly put in wards.

New Guardians were coming in every hour. Replenishing the lost. I drove past the dhampirs and morois and up to the front gates.

"We are going to go around the perimeter."

The guardian just nodded and let us out.

"Woah. That was easier then I thought." Rose laughed alittle in surprise. I looked over at her. She looked well rested from yesterday. I had promised her to rest up but I had only slept for an hour and a half.

Our plan was to get past the Guardian with that excuse and was prepared to answer a lot of questions but I guess getting out was easier than getting in.

Driving was the easy part. Rescuing, not so much. It was going to be Rose and I against dozens of Strigois.

•••••••••••••••

6 hours later

We crashed through the forest. Rose and I. We killed off about twenty-five strigois already and we were covered in blood. Jumping over fallen trees and rocks.

"Watch out!!" Rose called out from next to me. A strigoi running behind us had thrown a knife. It grazed my arm and I looked behind me again and saw him getting ready to throw another. This time at Rose. He missed again and it whizzed past her.

A clearing came up in front of us and we stopped. I got my stake out the same time I turned around to face the strigoi coming at us.

As he came at me, I blocked his hits. Trying to distract him so that Rose can get him from behind. She got him.

Five more came and the fighting began. I blocked, hit, staked and all the while seeing and hearing Rose fighting just as hard. A rush of need to protect her boiled up inside me. Giving me a little boost of adrenaline.

I didn't see the fifth one behind me but Rose had.

"Dimitri! behind you!" She rushed at me. I turned around in time to see his fist flying at my head. It connected and it had so much force, it sent me stumbling backwards. Rose had her stake ready but I could already see the strigoi shoving her away.

He came back at me with a knife. I was trying to steady myself but failed and landed on my back at a searing pain got me gasping for breath. I touched my stomach and felt the warm liquid of blood soaking my shirt from the knife.

My sight started getting hazy. Spots of black clouded my vision but I could hear grunts from the strigois as Rose probably staked him. She immediately came to my side and pulled out the knife. Holding the wound with her hands, trying to add pressure.

The last thing I felt before I blacked out was the tears coming from Rose. I wanted to say something to reassure her but then the world went dark.

------------------------------------

hey guys! so I hope you liked this chapter :)

Hope it wasnt too confusing. :P

If it helps, try reading the middle section then the last and then the first.

Dimitri's hurt! oh no... whats going to happen? Dont ask me, I dont know. I just write. I dont plan anything except the basic outline of the story.

you know what to do!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

oh yea...this isnt edited so sorry for any mistakes :P