Chapter 20

before you read this I would like to apologize for not writing and updating as you guys probably like me to... its been a bit busy this past 2 week and I hadnt been able to go on the computer.

So here's the next chapter :) hope you like it.

Rose's POV

-----------------

Make the plan. You've got to make a plan. A strong, good plan.

My mind is about to explode. My need to save Elizabeth, to comfort Lissa, to be close to Dimitri and feel his warmth...but no. I had to fool proof the plan.

I have to make sure that Elizabeth is able to be saved and can come back to the court. The only problem being the fact that we dont exactly know how many strigois there are. We only know where they are. We dont know the building they're staying in. We barely know anything and that's preventing me to fool proof the plan.

I was about to bang my head against the desk when I heard Lissa and Dimitri coming through the doors. Holding a paper. I stood up quickly, almost tipping the chair over.

"Dimitri, Lissa. Is there something wrong? What happened?" The questions rolled off my tongue in a hurry.

"Rose, we're the new head guardian." Dimitri said. "I don't think thats the best idea for you though, with all the stress and all which is probably why he also picked me."

I knew Hans had liked me and believed in me but I didnt know the feeling was deep enough to influence him into picking me and Dimitri as co-head guardians.

Lissa had red,puffy eyes from crying so much and I knew we had to start moving soon.

"Lissa, go find Christian and go get rest. You're going to have to be a strong queen tomorrow after the attack actually sinks in." Lissa answered with a nod and turned to go after I had given her a hug.

Then turning to Dimitri, I asked him a very important question. A question that can change everything. 

"How many guardians left?" 

"There's 205 left. But 86 of them are too injured to fight" 

"Thats to little. We're getting more guardians right? We're getting replacements?" 

"Yeah of course. They'll be here in couple hours."

I let out a sigh. I was so tired. I snuggled closer to the closure of arms that wrapped around me. Giving me a bit more comfort. 

"How many morois are still alive not counting the royals? Do you know?" 

"There's 103 left and all of them were injured in some way durimg the attack." 

"Huh. That many?" I was genuinely suprised. 

"Guess they decieded to help fight off the strigois a bit with their magic." Dimitri hugged a little tighter before letting me go and turning me around to face him.

"Rose, we have to leave as many guardians here as possible. We need them to stay here and protect as much as they can protect. We have to leave tomorrow. Get some rest." He stared into my eyes as if he thought I would defy him.

"Ok. But Dimitri?"

"Hmm?"

"Make sure you get rested too."

"Yeah, of course." He nodded but I just pointedly looked at him, not believing him.

"Roza," he carassed my cheek. "I promise."

Satisfied that he'll rest even if it is an hour, I left Dimitri to take care of things around here while I got rested for tomorrows rescue mission. Because he got another thing right. I wouldn't be able to be head guardian all by myself.

------------------------ 

Guys, I am so sorry it took so long to update. like I've said, I have been very busy for the past 2 weeks with school and having practice state tests.

The beginning half I did on the computer but the end half I did on my phone so I apologize for any grammar/spelling mistake.

Im sorry if this chapter is a little short. I know there wasn't much going on. Sorry

••••••••••••••••••••••• 

You know what to do!

FAN

COMMENT

VOTE

thanks guys! Hope you liked it and make sure you do all three(fan, vote and comment)