Chapter 5

Dimitri's POV

I've never written in a men's POV so don't judge :P

-------------------

I have never been more nervous than any other day. As I watched her freeze up at my question, as tears formed in the corners of her brown eyes, and as a smile formed on her lips, I shook inside in nervousness and fear of rejection.

But when she nodded, I became the happiest guy on earth. I took the ring from the box, took her hand and slipped the ring on her left hand. It was a perfect fit. As I stood up, she crashed into me with a hug so fierce that it took my breath away. I hugged her back with what I hoped would show how much I loved her.

"I love you Roza"

"I love you too Dimitri"

She pulled away but still held onto me. I saw her eyes filled with love and happiness. Tears ran down her cheeks so I lifted my hands up to her face and wiped it off. "come on. let's go for a walk." She agreed, took my hand and we started walked around the garden.

We were admiring the flowers in bloom when she suddenly stopped and turned to me. Her eyes twinkled as she asked me the question that I was waiting for.

"Does Abe and my mom know?"

"Yes, of course!"

And they did. I had called and talked to Guardian Hathaway a week ago before coming to court and called her father, Abe Mazur the week before that. He scares the shit out of me but I know he's only trying to protect Rose.

I touched her silky brown hair that flows around her beautiful face and put it behind her ear. I cupped her face in my hands as she came closer to me and brushed my lips against her's and quickly backed up. She pouted and I raised my eyebrow.

"Rose! Did he propose yet?" Lissa was coming down the tile walkway that goes around the garden with an unhappy Christian following her. I took Rose's left hand and hid it behind my back before answering her.

"Lissa! I didn't ask yet! Why'd you have to come now?" Hopefully Rose got the message and followed along.

She stopped dead in her tracks as she turned pale and stuttered, " oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Dimitri!"

I cracked a smile and I saw realization enter Lissa's eyes. I held up Rose's hand and showed Lissa the ring. I smiled as Rose laughed at Lissa and Christian's frowning faces.

"That's not funny you know. I thought I ruined the surprise for you." Lissa huffed, took Christian's hand and walked away. Rose was still smiling as Lissa retreated. She turned from me and kissed my cheek.

She grabbed my hand and we continued our way through the garden for the rest of the night. Talking until the sun was peeking through and everyone else had gone to sleep.

-----------------------------------

I made the chapter a little longer.

hoped you liked it!

comment/vote please!

might edit

✅Edited