Chapter 27

Rose's POV

-----------------

I sat on the chair wringing my hands together.

"I'm so sorry!" Blurted out suddenly.

I was met with silence. I looked up from my hands to his face. Worry filled my body as wind from the window whispered throughout the room.

Dimitri came to where I was, knelt down on his knees and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"I'm so sorry, I wanted to go back but I didnt know what to do. I didn't know what the heck I was going to do when if I found you strigoi again. I was so - " I was intrupted with a kiss.

And it was effective. "It's ok Roza." he mumble through the kiss and I felt warmth fill my body, replacing the worry.

"It wasn't your fault. I told you to go. I did. OK? I didn't think I would make it out alive so I told you to go. To get away from there."

I smashed my lips on his. I fumbled for his shirt. Sliding my hands underneath his bloodstained shirt, I moved my face slightly away and smiled softly.

" I love you Dimitri. I love you so fucking much."

"I love you too Roza"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

(3 weeks later)

Dimitri's POV

------------------

I groaned at the sight of papers stacked a foot high on my desk. You know, you'd think being head guardian wouldn't be too hard right?

And it probably wouldn't but after that attack on the Court, we lost many guardians. The whole city mourned. We made a memorial monument for those who died but we have to move on.

"I have more than you." Rose walked in and stood beside me looking at the desk across from mine. And when I looked, I couldn't help but laugh.

"well you work faster. It's only fair" I laughed as she glared at me.

"That's because I just look at they ability, strength and reflex. Ifh they're above 80% in all, I just accept them." She responded with annoyance.

"Really? So you think accepting guardians like that is going to help? You could at least raise the bar to 90% if you're not going to look at they're whole page."

As head guardians, it was our responsibility to fill in the empty spaces with new guardians. It was a killer process. But I felt the mood change.

"But we need to fil in the spaces quickly Dimitri. We quite vulnerable right now." She walked to her desk and put her jacket on the chair before she continued. " I mean yeah we have guardians right now and more are coming in everyday but we as the Court, are not stable. People are still mourning for they're losses. We are in danger. There has been some talk of kidnapping Elizabeth and throwing her out of Court because of the prophecy. They don't want the strigois coming and attempting to try to kidnap Elizabeth and killing more moroi and guardians."

She started working silently, signaling the end of the conversation. I sat down and started working myself.

I glanced at Rose. Admiring her work. She had most of them done, a third of them in the accepted pile.

I got up from my chair and walked behind her and started massaging her shoulders. She froze, suprised at first but soon relaxed into the kneading.

She put her pencil down, closed hereys and leaned back, letting out a breath of release.

"You work to hard Roza. You need to relax sometimes before continuing to help others." I kept massaging her. Feeling her relax even more under my hands.

I kept it up until she fell asleep. I kissed her cheek before I lifted her up and grabbing both our jackets, walked out of the office.

----------------------

So here you go.

I kept trying to write but I couldnt get my fingers to start typing, I had writers block. So, sorry for the late update.

The beginning of this chapter is a but shaky but I hope you like it.

Im still trying to figure out how im going to end this story. But dont worry, its not going to be over for a while.

I would appreciate if I could get more votes. It would mean a lot.

Thanks and sorry again for the long overdue chapter.

VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW