Chapter 22: A Dead End (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I was taken aback. I never thought about that. He smirked when he noticed my realization and I mentally strangled myself for being so reckless and stupid. This guy wouldn’t back down. I ran away from Chase and now I was all alone, facing the consequences of my past mistakes. Should I run now? But I was so tired. Where was Brenton when you need him to drag you away?

“Fine. You want time, I’ll give you time. Meet me after class.”

“No, I want your time now,” he said.

“But we still have class,” I uttered, furrowing my brows in the process.

“Ever heard of cutting classes?” he said casually like it’s the most common thing to do on a regular school day.

“Like I will cut classes with you. You’re a bad influence Dylan. Be a good student and wait for me later,” I replied.

He smiled wickedly and in one swift motion I was lifted from the ground and was placed over his shoulder like a sack of potato, my vision turning upside down. “Let me down! Are you crazy?”

“Shut up, Sac. Someone might hear you,” he ordered and I did the opposite of what he said. I shouted at the top of my lungs. Dylan ran faster when some students walked across the hallway. They gave us curious and shocked stares but no one did something to help me. Humanity was really corrupted.

“Chaaaaaase!” I yelled repeatedly, hoping my boyfriend would show himself miraculously.

“Sacred! I said shut up!”

“I said let me down you idiot!”

Then he dropped me on the concrete floor. Somehow, in a weird and unbelievable way, Dylan managed to bring me in the parking lot without someone trying to rescue me from this lunatic.

“Get in the car,” he said.

“No, are you insane? I will not get in your car after the stunt you pulled. Forget about our deal. I will never talk to you after what you did!” I yelled, standing up.

“Fine, have it your way then.” Dylan opened the passenger door and pushed me inside. I struggled to get away but in the end I was shoved in the seat. He revved the engine and drove away even before he buckled his seatbelt. I tried to open the door although the car was already moving only to found out it was locked. I slammed my hands on the window, wishing desperately that someone was out there, witnessing this abduction.

As the car turned, it passed the entrance to the east building. I saw someone standing there, watching everything unfold. It was Serene! Hope built up in my heart. My lips curled into words, shouting at her, begging for help. But what she did surprised me and made me stop yelling. Was that a trick my mind just created? Was I hallucinating right now? Because there’s no right explanation for what I just saw.

My sister smiled at me.

A horrible, sickening and appalling smile.

Then everything clicked. She was a part of this. Serene and Dylan planned this whole thing!

Dylan pulled over in front of his home. He brought me again against my will. It seemed that we’re the only people inside the entire house and it made me even more nervous. He sat on the couch and faced me. “Don’t try to do anything Sac, you can’t go anywhere unless you talk to me.”

“You’re sick,” I said in response.

“You made me do this! It is your fault! If you just listened to what I have to say then all of this would have never happened!”

“Don’t put the blame on me! You conspired with my sister! I saw her earlier!”

“You gave us no choice!”

“Are you hearing yourself right now?” I asked incredulously. “You kidnapped a person! Your father is a lawyer! You of all people should know that this setup is completely and utterly wrong!”

“You have to give me what I want!” he yelled, ignoring everything I just said.

“For the love of all things lawful and reasonable, tell me what you want!”

“You, damn it!” he cursed. This made me angrier. I hated it when people curse, especially in front of me.

“Well, sorry to disappoint you but I’m not available. I thought that was obvious.”

“No. You need to come back to me or I’ll tell Chase your secret. Let’s see if he’d look at you the same way after he learns everything,” he said and I was flabbergasted. What secret was he talking about?

He laughed and stepped toward me. I stepped back until my back was on the cabinet filled with figurines and plate displays. “What are you talking about?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about Sac. You lived a double life.”

“Serene told you?” I asked, terrified. How could she? That was our secret! Was it possible that Serene betrayed me and told Dylan about the Boyfriend Exchange?

He just smiled in response. “It’s for me to know and for you to find out. You can’t have the best of both worlds Hanna Montana.”

He knew. He totally knew.

“It was a long time ago. Chase will forgive me,” I said, my hands shaking.

“Yeah, are you sure about that? He will despise you Sacred, curse you even. I’m the only one who’s willing to forgive you after what you did. Chase would never love you anymore!”

“No! That’s not true! And if I choose you he would still hate me!”

“Do you want him to hate you because you chose someone over him, or do you want him to hate you because you and your sister played with his feelings? Come on, love. Choose wisely.”

“Chase would nev—”

“We both know the imminent result Sacred,” he said, cutting me off. “Come back to me and your secret’s gonna be buried forever,” He took one more step toward me, placing his hand on my hips. I fought the urge to throw up. He leaned in and I panicked some more.

“What are you doing?” I asked nervously.

He chuckled. “Kissing my girlfriend.”

I swallowed hard. I couldn’t bear the thought of Chase looking at me, knowing he didn’t like the sight. I couldn’t let him know about the exchange. Dylan’s right, he would never forgive me. Stupid tears fell down my face. It was a dead end. I closed my eyes, defeated.

I loved Chase. Always have, always will.

That’s the last thing I thought about before I felt Dylan’s cold lips pressed to mine.

But Chase would always and forever be in my mind.

Okay, please don't threaten to kill me. 

This chapter is short because of time management issues. I don't even know what happened. *smiles*

I panicked because of my deadline and when I panicked, bad things happened.

Tell me what you think! Vote, comment, fan.

Next Update: January 29

--Elle