Chapter 26: The Other Twin

CHAPTER 26: THE OTHER TWIN

Watch the trailer made by ruthe_1- Check out the title page

Deception was like cancer.

It could hit you when you least expect it.

It's also a home-wrecker.

It could tear you apart especially when the person who deceived you was the one you trusted the most. It could break you when that person was the one you loved the most. It could kill you when that person was the one you wanted the most.

"Please, give me a chance to explain," Chase pleaded.

I shook my head as I moved away from him, hitting a nearby table. The vase on top of it wobbled its way to the ground. A loud shattering sound followed. He looked alarmed as he took a step toward me, causing me to panic.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled.

A pained look crossed his face. "Sacred, please just hear me out. Please just listen to me,"

"No! This is crazy! I don't know what to think anymore! I don't know who you are!" I cried.

He grabbed his hair in frustration. "That's why I need you to listen to me. I'll tell you everything. This is the reason why I didn't tell it to you before. I was afraid you'd act like," he gestured his hand toward me. "That."

I glanced back at the guy lying like a dead person on the bed. I wasn't just hallucinating. They looked exactly the same. What had I gotten myself into?

"I know you're confused and scared but I want you to trust me on this," he said in a pleading tone.

"Trust you? Really? After what you've just revealed? You'll just lie to me again." I said, still confused.

He closed his eyes for a brief moment and rubbed his nape. Who was this guy? Who was the real Chase? I didn't know what to believe anymore. I needed the person I loved. I needed the real Chase. A horrible thought flashed in my mind. What if they're both Chase? What if they played the game I used to play? What if the joke was on me?

"Look, I know you think I deceived you but you should give me the benefit of the doubt." he said, eyes locked to mine. "You've done the same, right? You kept the truth from me. You switched places with your sister. Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?"

I was taken aback. "It's not the same," I said, defending myself.

He let out a bitter chuckle, shaking his head. "Yeah, you're right. It's not the same. You switched many times. I only did it once."

My eyes widened. An imaginary bucket of icy cold water was poured on me, threatening to take away what was left of my sanity. I suddenly felt dizzy and exhausted. I lacked sleep and having another bomb dropped on me wasn't helping my case.

"Fine. Tell me everything and I'll tell you the rest of my story. I'll tell you why I avoided you in the first place," I said in defeat and his eyes brightened.

"Thank you," he replied.

"Don't thank me yet. I don't know if I should believe you. I'm taking a big risk here," I told him.

He approached the bed and stared at the lifeless body on it. "He's my twin brother."

I had a sharp intake of breath, feigning surprise. "Really? I didn't notice."

He gave me a blank stare, an indication that he's not a fan of my endless sarcasm. "I'm trying to explain here. The least you could do is listen."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well, you should tell me your name. That'll be a good start."