Chapter 19: Confessions Of A Boyfriend Thief

CHAPTER 19: CONFESSIONS OF A BOYFRIEND THIEF

If looks could kill, I would be dead.

The piercing stare of my sister, the conspicuous glare of Dylan, and the curious gaze of the people surrounding us were enough reasons to know that I just got myself in a situation I couldn't get out of. This was a suicide mission and I knew there were consequences but if I really wanted to win and free myself from all the lies, I had to do this.

I wanted to piss Dylan to throw him off his game.

After we beat him and his team, I would finally confess everything to Serene.

Maybe this was just my pathetic excuse to find courage and let Serene know that something was clearly going on between us. If I didn't hold Chase's hand now I wouldn't be brave enough to continue my confession later. I knew if I did this now, there's no turning back.

Hitting two birds with one stone.

Chase's questioning eyes were focused on me, asking why we're holding hands in public. The scene was cut by the sound of the whistle indicating the continuance of the game. I released Chase's hand and turn my attention to the opposite team only to see a furious and pissed off Dylan. Good. The boys ran back and forth while I chose to remain standing in the middle of the court, waiting for the perfect opportunity.

No one guarded me. They were obviously not threatened by my presence. Well, that's what I hoped for. The person that was supposed to run after me and block my every move was guarding Chase. So basically, two people were after him. Unfair but what could I say? I wasn't a threat.

Yet.

People were shouting at me, telling me to help my losing team or at least move. I was working on it people! Calm down!

Caleb was in possession of the ball now. Perfect. I took one step and the people roared in excitement. "She's gonna play!" someone yelled. They all seemed so shock that I actually moved. Seriously? Just because I stayed there at the center for a few minutes doing absolutely nothing didn't mean I was planning on staying there until the game ended. Come on people.

Caleb made a quick turn, running past me and completely ignoring me until I called his name. He swiveled his head to my direction which was a huge mistake on his part. I smiled sweetly at him before winking and blowing a kiss from afar. Those gestures made him stop dead in his tracks. Chase took advantage of his lack of focus and snatched the ball from his hand.

Caleb got pulled out of his trance and was surprised by Chase's fast movement. He tried to correct his mistakes by running after him but it's too late. The ball already left his hands and made its way to the basket. Two more points for us.

A small victory for me.

Caleb looked back at me, slightly shaking his head. Annoyed as ever. Chase's eyes locked with mine. "Bad girl," he mouthed before mocking a salute at me. Okay, he figured out my plan.

Dylan was dribbling, moving really quick, making sure the ball stayed in his team. Chase was trying to steal it from him. I ran to the opposite team's side and stood under their ring even though the guys weren't there yet. It looked funny from afar because I was actually moving at my own pace, not even bothering to check where the other players were.

Dylan made it to their side, crushing my team's effort with his quick moves. He was raising his hands to shoot when I called his name. He glanced at me as I pretended to stumbled down, tripping on my own feet. He got momentarily distracted by my clumsiness. He was about to run to my rescue so Chase took that chance to grab the ball from him. Dylan was caught off guard, he tried to steal the ball back but Chase was already running away. His eyes went back to me only to found out I was on my feet, smiling at him like nothing happened. He narrowed his eyes at me, finally realizing what I just did. He turned around after he glared at me, getting back to the game he was surely going to lose.