(31) Bakugo VS. Rose

Start from the beginning

"I know..." I stopped Honey from talking further about my next match. To tell you the truth, I hated hearing about it. The second I beat Midoriya that's all I've been hearing about. No matter where I was, I would hear someone bring up the fact that he's gonna kill me soon. "I've heard it all. I know he's really good and whatever. But I'm not dropping out."

"Oh sister, no!" She leaned forward and shook her head. "No girl I wasn't telling you to quit! If you did, well then I'd have more than a few coarse words ready for ya," she teased. Her calm and positive energy was almost enough for me to forget about the next challenge. Almost.

"I mean, you fought him and did pretty good. He's not that good of a fighter, is he?" I asked her. Honey hesitated for a good while, which didn't make me feel any better at all.

"He sure doesn't hold back on anyone, not on girls and I'm sure he won't on support kids. That's something I definitely would respect if he didn't try and rip out my here wings." She lifted one up and ran her hand over it, letting me see the big tear Bakugo put in the thin wing. I could tell by Honey's expression that she took pride her wings like I do with my automail, and the thought of Bakugo doing something like that to my prosthetics was enough to send a chill up my spine.

"Katsuki's a bully," Honey said, "He likes to get in your head and tear you down, not stopping or holding back until he is the undeniable champion. And I know he would be damned to let someone he looks down on beat him." Her brows were knitted together as her eyes narrowed at the TV. "But he's not invincible. No one is."

It took me a second to grasp what Honey was saying. She fought him and knows he isn't perfect. He can mess up and I just have to be ready when he does. Ochako Uraraka showed me that I can't just have one plan; that it could take a hundred to beat him. Honey told me that he's human, and makes mistakes, but I can't count on him screwing up to be my win. I have to be better.

I had to keep going until I was the undeniable champion.

__________________________

I walked into the ring for the third, and hopefully not final time. I may have done this before, but I'll never get used to those freakin cool flames they have set up for us to walk out on.

You really can't get more badass than this

Present Mic announced our names while we reached moved out, the first being Bakugo and then myself. After the audience had calmed down and Midnight and Cementoss got ready to ref, me and Shouty Mcblast were given the ok to start. I positioned myself to run towards him, but that never happened.

This bitch didn't waste a single second to aim his explosions backwards and launch himself towards me much like how I planned on with Dian-Ria strapped to my wrists. Lucky for me, I reacted quick enough to dodge his head on attack and ground myself to the side. I jerked both of my elbows back to fire up Dian-Ria and get ready for quick attacks, when I looked up to my opponent who stood with the most obnoxious smirk and laughed. "You extras must be way stupider than I thought if you think some gadget is gonna help you win against me."

I didn't react or give him time to say anything else before I had launched at him with the same attack he used, only this time, I put my weight on one foot to land and held out the opposite arm at an attempted at a right hook powered by the back end shotgun in the gauntlets. That combined with my light-based knuckle guards should have put in a damn good hit. This also did not work out.