(24) Determinate

1,968...

That's the amount of feet Rose and all the UA first years had to cross in order to make it over the second to last obstacle, The Fall.

Twice the size of the Eifel Tower...

Roughly 164 times Rose's height....

1,960 feet too deep....

And the exact number of times our dear protagonist has swore since this contest began.

After an eternity of running, Rose made it to the far, far drop that stood between her and the run to the finish line. She took a good look at the thin rope now cut from a previous competitor and hanging down the abyss below and sighed, knowing this would be tough and she didn't come this far not to use her gadgets.
Rose lost out on the entrance exams because she relied too much on her inventions yet she truly believed they would get her to victory.

Honestly some people just never learn

Nonetheless, Rose turned to her duffel bag and pulled out some wacky creation that will save the day. A pair of knives stuck together she named Dýo and their corresponding sheath, a harpoon-like gun, a sheild, down rope, and a pair of steal spiked cleats. She used the rope to tie the sheild to her front and laced on the cleats, throwing her boots into the duffle bag. Our gal looked down and took a breath as another piece of Q's advice popped in her head.

"If you ever can't bring yourself to act on something you want to do, mentally count to three then go! Don't give yourself time to think or doubt just count to three then move!"

Well he hasn't failed me yet..

After firing the gun and watching the harpoon spear land and stick against the side of the canyon, she tied the gun barrel to her waist. Rose shut her eyes and gripped the knives, still sheathed in her hand.
..one....two.....three!
With that final count, she jumped off the cliff and held onto the wire attaching her to the spear for dear life.

Shit I'm gonna die...I'm gonna die..I'm gonna die. I'm gonna- OW!

With a painful thud, she hit the side on the canyon and dangled from the wire, grateful for the shield protecting her from hitting rock and only hitting the equally hard metal plate. She didn't have time to celebrate cheating death once again, so she quickly took out the thick knives then dug them each into the dirt. After doing the same with her cleats and sticking them into the wall, Rose began to climb.

Alright...it's just like rock climbing..but with real rocks...and over a two thousand foot drop....yeah..just like rock climbing..

How she managed to get to the top with only the strength in her body and the training in her childhood at parks was beyond realism. But hey, this is a fan fiction. You didn't come here for a realistic story.

Rose took another breath, her arms, or well arm, feeling like Jell-O but her fight still going strong. She took off in another sprint and passed a few more kids. Her dirty tricks got her up all the way to roughly in the top twenty placements, which was an accomplishment to say the least.

She was picking up speed when Rose made it to the final obstacle and the perfect opportunity to test her and Q's newest invention. UA's state-of-the-art minefield stretched out fifty yards between Rose and the finish line. Lucky enough most of the bombs have been detonated, oh but the winners left plenty untouched for the middle group to find. She knew how this worked, now it was time to pick the gadget.

You see, back when Rose was assigned to build a support item for 1A's Ejiro Kirishima, Rocket had wrote her about his assigned hero, the blond ticking time bomb with an ego louder than his explosions, and mentioned his quirk. Even though Rose was still salty about his whole- well really everything about him, she had to admit his quirk was pretty cool and interesting. Bakugo was easily one of the best of the first years and Rose knew to eventually beat him, she had to have a plan.