(14) Hush Little Baby, Don't Say a Word

"Rose be careful!" Her companion shouted, running after her. Young Rose disregarded the warnings and proceeded to jump off the almost ground-level bridge into the shallow water.

"Relax, Clover, I'm fine. You're forgetting I'm pretty much indestructible!" The six years old girl said in triumph holding her little arm up with a fist.

Her friend leaned over the bridge to her, making sure she was really ok. "Except you aren't..you have to be careful, what if something happened?"

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm the weapon, so I'm gonna protect you." Rose insisted. Her friend huffed and crossed her arms. "I can take care of myself, thank you."

She giggled but let her win, "whatever you say.."

"I'm telling you, Rose, just wait. I'm gonna be the number one hero! Very best there is!" She put her fists on her hips in confidence.

Rose smiled at her and pointed her thumb at her with a similar look, "well I guess that makes me the very best weapon there is! And I'm gonna stay right by your side the whole way there!"

She grinned more and reached down a hand to her to help Rose up, "I'd like that.."

◻ ◻ ◻

"Clover be careful!!" Eight years later and Rose was the one to warn this time. Her friend did as expected and continued to zip through the streets, her angel-like wings made of white light let her make it to the end of the block at record time. She laughed in victory while Rose ran to catch up to her. "Oh you're just mad you lost-- again!" She teased as Rose made it up to her, breathless.

"You know you're pretty reckless for the future number one hero," Rose chuckled and slung her arm around Clover's shoulders to give herself some support while they walked the rest of the way to school.

"Wonder where I get it.." She playfully rolled het eyes. "speaking of, I filled out our application for UA high. We should be all set to take the entrance exams in the fall of next year."

Rose rubbed the back of her head and looked straight ahead then at Clover. "Wow, UA? That's a pretty important school."

"Yeah but if I want to be the best hero then I need to get into the best school, right?"

"Well I guess I'm following you to UA then. Besides, you don't need a big fancy school...you'll always be my hero." She gave her a side hug and a bright smile. Clover looked down trying to hide the faint red across her face before looking back up at Rose with a soft glare but also a smile.
"You're a big dork sometimes." She said fighting back a laugh. "Come on, I'll race you again." Rose groaned in response. "Look we're gonna need the practice if we're going to get into one of the top schools. Just don't be embarrassed when I beat you once again."

"Unless I screw this all up again, I'm gonna fight with you someday."

"Well then you better not mess this up!" With that they ran off.

◻ ◻ ◻

"ROSE WATCH OUT!!!" Clover cried out over the cracking fire and shouts making up the background noise. Rose fell to the ground in agony, feeling blinding pain in her leg. The crumbling and flaming ruins of her middle school started spinning as black blotches clouded her vision. She could here the faint cries of her beloved friend through the constant, loud ringing in her ears. "C-clover!!"

A familiar figure ran up to her and held her up. "Rose- Rose I'm here...I'm here." She wrapped her in a comforting hug. Rose could feel the soothing patter of her heartbeat and tightly hugged her back. The smell of smoke and ash masked that of Clover's usual vanilla scent. Her mind tried to block out the terrified screams of civilians around her and focus on the person in front of her. The only thing that matters.

"Rose...I have to go back.." Clover turned her attention to the wails coming from inside. A few students were caught inside and pro heros weren't expected to arrive for a while.

"A-are you crazy!? We can't go back in there!" Rose croaked and tried to move but winced at the pain in her left leg.

"You're right..." Clover looked to her realizing what she needs to do. "You can't, but I can."

"What!? No- Clover no! I'm supposed...I'm supposed to protect you. To fight with you. Please Clover don't!" She pleaded feeling cold tears stream down at the thought of her leaving. She grabbed onto Clover's shoulder begging her to stay there. But there was no stopping a hero when someone was in danger.

"There are people inside I have to.." She held her hand and gave her one last goodbye hug before letting go and backing away. It took all her strength to ignore the cries and worries from the one person she loved, but Clover felt she had to do this. "I'm so sorry Rose..." She ran in.

"CLOVER!" Rose struggled to move but refused to let her meister fight without her. "C-c-come on Tallulah! Fight for her damnit!" She forced herself up and limped to the building, but that's when the dizzyness set in. She stumbled and hopped, feeling the heat consume her. The ruins spun and faded in and out. "No..no! Clover!....Dont leave me alone!" There are very few times when people her age feel true fear. That was all she could remember from that day. All she knew then was fear. The fear death, the fear of being left alone, the fear of faliur, and the fear of losing her.

Rose reached out her arm to the blue flaming building and fell. In the same second, the fire caught to a gas tank setting off an explosion.
Our protagonist sobbed and whimpered before laying helpless on the ground,

"I'm so sorry Clover....."

◻ ◻ ◻

She woke up with a yelp and reached for the air in front of her, heart racing and breath slowly coming back to her. It took a while for her to remember where and when she was. The air felt heavy while her head pounded in distress. Memories of guilt and grief lingered as Rose tuned back into reality. Her mind had not come out of the flashbacks, yet she tried to remind herself that its over. Chloride shifted and stirred on her lap to provide the comfort she needed. Rose pet the big dog and burried her head in her fur. "Its ok....you're ok..I'm ok.." Rose muttered to herself.

Sometimes memories are the worst form of torture.

For today's question, what is a favorite childhood memory of yours?

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

For today's question, what is a favorite childhood memory of yours?

Character Spotlight: Clover Evangeline
Original character
Quirk: Angel Wings (she can make wings of white light-based diamonds out of her back)

Character Spotlight: Clover EvangelineOriginal characterQuirk: Angel Wings (she can make wings of white light-based diamonds out of her back)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Fun fact: there's a good chance she would have brought herself and Rose up to 1-A if things had went down differently

Until next time ladies, gaydies, and theydies ~

Guns And Roses  // BNHA × OC //जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें