(2) Where's My Epic Background Music?

Flashback time! (Two weeks prior):

    It was a normal day, as long as you ignore the fact that it wasn't.
It was the day I had been waiting for: the day of the UA entrance exams.

    I had been training for this all summer and it was finally here! Finally, it was my chance to go in and show everyone there what I could do. I woke up that day feeling psyched and ready to crush those exams. My prosthetics were giving me a bit of trouble, especially my arm. Luckily though, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. After a few adjustments, and packing up my A-list weapons, I was out the door and on my way to the school.

____________________________

    I had finished the written portion of the test with ease. Textbook math and science were subjects I thrived in, so of course, I felt good about those. The next task was heading outside to the physical combat portion, and when I got there, I had one thought:

This. Place. Is. HUGE!

    It was like a whole city right there ready to make me a hero, and I loved it! What better way to test students who want to become heros than having an actual villain assessment test. This school really went all out and it was clear they took their training seriously. The loud guy announcing the whole thing explained to us how it was going to work. Certain bots gave specific points, and it was up to us to strategize and conquer enough to pass.

    Everyone there was as hyped as I was. Well, everyone except for this nervous little guy next to me was. I had a really good feeling about this. However, if I had one thing to complain about, it would be how I still couldn't work out this bug in my arm.

    'I gotta fix this quickly or I'm afraid it might glitch out on me,' I thought.

    I couldn't risk a glitch out there, so I decided to make a quick adjustment before we started. The announcer was still going through the rules and introduction, so I had plenty of time. I quickly pulled out the screwdriver I keep in my bag and started swiftly working on my arm.

    I didn't know what it was, but it just felt disconnected, as if the metal around my shoulder was just hanging on by a thread. Maybe it was a problem in the attachment up there.

    Ok, let's see... metal.. skin... wires.... more metal— NERVE!

    My arm glitched and kicked back in an involuntary swing. I cursed to myself and held the end of my prostatic elbow.

   "O-ow.." The small kid next to me muttered after I accidentally hit him in the gut.

    "Oh, crap, I am so sorry!" I immediately started apologizing, stepping back and waving my hands in the empty air in front of me. "Are you ok?"

    "Y-yeah I'm fine. You sure can hit though," the green-haired boy said and tried to muster a smile.

    "I swear that was an accident. I know being hit in the gut was probably the last thing you needed, right now." I scratched my neck, feeling a bit guilty. This kid was muttering to himself the entire time, and it was clear as day that his nerves were getting the best of him.

    "Yeah I understand, these things happen. I'm Izuku Midoriya," he smiled and seemed to have bounced back, even giving the smallest thumbs up.

    "I'm Tallu— uh, Rose. Just Rose." I stood straight up, despite being quite a bit taller than this guy. He looked at the gates and shivered a bit.

    Feeling a bit responsible for his anxiety, I tried to cheer Midoriya up. "Hey, don't worry about this. It's gonna be great, and when we nail this exam, we'll be at UA! So cheer up because this is no sweat." I gently nudged his arm. Thinking back, it probably wasn't the best idea after I just hit him two minutes ago.