(17) Words to Live By

As it has been since the begining of time, in the end, the heros beat the villains; good had triumphed over evil. A group of teenagers and a handful of pros defeated a league created for destruction and chaos through the secret art of plot convenience.

Pro hero Eraserhead left with probably the worst injuries, but won as his students had hoped. Number one hero, All Might, did as he always did and left with a victorious smile. The students probably learned a lesson or some bullshit, and won along side the pros that they will one day become. They had gotten their first taste of the hero life. Some found it thrilling, and others felt in over their heads. All in all, the attack was anything but a waste of time for them.

Teachers for 1B, general studies, business, and support classes explained the situation in vague detail while telling the students to learn from this. "Always be prepared", "never give up", "fight for justice", and other motivational phrases were set into them. Very few listened. Most wanted to get through it and focus on important matters that involved them. That being said, when students learned that the annual sports festival might be cancelled due to administration concerns after the attack, resent towards 1A only grew.

In past most would watch the Olympic games, but since quirks started appearing, they have been scaled down as well as viewers. Now days, for anyone who cares about competition, there's only one event matters: the UA sports festival. One chance a year; three chances in a lifetime; you can't afford to give any less than your all.

1B used it as an opportunity to prove their superiority, while background characters felt robbed out of a great opportunity. And no one more than our protagonist.

Rose had been looking forward to and planning for this festival the second Shinso told her about it. She saw this as her chance to finally make something of herself and go beyond, but that could never happen if this contest was cancelled.

"They can't call off the festival just because of something we had no control over. So some villains attacked a class, how come we have to be punished?" Rose vented to her friends.

"It isn't fair," Mei whined, "I've been building and preparing my babies all year for this. Now no one will see them destroy things.." The unusually mopy girl frowned and laid her head down in her crossed arms on the table.

Now Rocket could read lips quite well and had been trying to teach the two girls sign (a slow but steady task) but until they were masters, he stuck to writing. He flipped up his hand held white-board and scribbled down his input, writing, "they are not punishing us. The main matter is protecting the safety of students and faculty. Who's to say the league wont attack again at the festival?"

"Yeah but its more likely they won't. I'm just saying that everyone has a lot riding on this. Pro heros watch this along with the whole country! This is a huge deal they can't take it away from us," Rose added on with hand gestures to get her point across to her deaf friend in front of her.

Rocket looked down and quickly scribbled down his words, fliping up the sentences, "UA isn't gonna throw away something this huge. They'll figure something out, something safe and reasonable. Don't worry."

Rocket's reassuring writing helped easy Rose's nerves a bit. "Thanks man," she said to him and checked the time. Homeroom would start soon where the students would hopefully get some news on the subject.

Just as everyday like clockwork, mad scientist Q stumbled into the class a second before the first bell. "Good morrow wonderful students!" His singsong voice extolled to the room with the usual excitement and enthusiasm.