(18) In THIS economy?

Rose POV:
Later that night I ate dinner on the couch as always. The school day came and went along with the car ride home. It had been a couple hours but I was still buzzing with Q-level excitement. I got most of my energy out playing in the yard with Hydrogen and the automatic frisbee gun I made. I could honestly watch that dog run around for hours. He would stop to bark at squirrels or butterflies, but had the attention span of an ant and would go right back to the game of catch. There were times the gun would jam and not fire but Hydro would chase the thin air anyway. I never grew up with dogs or siblings so it was nice to have a hyper dummy around to mess with.

Dinner would always fly by with Q ranting about nerd stuff while I scarfed down the food, Teriyaki chicken over rice. You wouldn't think it but he's actually a pretty decent cook. I have a theory Atom the rat nests in his hair and takes over from time to time.

After a while, he finally finished his rave about a stray dog he saw on the way home that I had to talk him out of bringing back with us. "I'm just saying we could find a place for the little rascal." We could not. "But anyways, how was your day?"

"Oh it was great! After school I went to-..what?" I stopped after seeing the look of confusion and slight concern on Q's expressive face.

He shook his head and said, "Oh its just a bit alarming to hear an answer other that 'fine', especially one accompanied with such a bright gigglemug. I didn't think children could do that."

"Oh ha ha" I rolled my eyes but couldn't shake the smile on my face. "what I was saying is I talked to Aizawa after school. He said if I do well in the sports thing that he would talk to me about maybe possibly transferring."

"Rose that's brobdingnagian!" He jumped up to cheer me on.

"I have no idea what that means!" I stood up to hug him, far too excited to care.

"So what did he say!? What do you have to do? Do you need to win? How are you gonna beat the heroics department? What's your strategy!?" He grabbed my shoulders and bombarded me with a million questions.

"I don't know..." I held a tiny smile but felt a bit nervous now that I really thought about it. I would be fighting trained kids...with crazy powers...in front of the world.....oh boy.

"Rosemary listen," he sat me down and started again, "Its no secret that those kids are more powerful than you. They have been training all their lives for times like this. They have better quirks and could probably beat you even without them."

Now I know why they rejected him as a guidance counselor.

I sat on the couch and listened to what he was saying. I mean I'm not clueless, I know those guys are stronger than I am. Chloride probably sensed my stress cause she made her way to sit on me and put her paw over my shoulder almost like a hug, which I didn't mind at all. She was so fluffy and warm that she really did ease the nerves. Chloride was always the sweet, loveable one while Hydrogen was a hyper dummy that I could never stay mad at.

"Yeah I know, I know..thats why I just have to work a lot harder than them, right? I told Aizawa that I wasn't gonna lose and I still won't. I don't care how hard I have to work, I'll work harder. I can do this. I know I can. I just gotta train for it." I looked down and squished Chloride's droopy face around and played with her floppy ears waiting to hear from him.

Q perked up and held up his teaching finger with a confident smile, "than training is what you will get! Rosemary it would be an honor to engage in combat with you!"

I glanced up and rubbed the back of my neck. "Well thanks, but the last time you tried to help me you blew up the whole block."

He dropped his finger to cross his arms like a pouting kid. "Oh that was ONE time!"

"Four times."

"FOUR times!! Ok ok ok fine, I promise not to cause any damage." He would, but it wasn't like I had a bunch of people willing to train me at the moment.

"Alright you can train me." I couldn't help but smile at his offer and nod.

"Good, but I need to know that you won't give up after a month of training. Being a support course student isn't a walk in the park, and my dear hero training is a bajillion times more difficult! Its not fun and few stick it out. I need to know the reason you're doing this. I need to believe that my training you won't be just because you want to impress your parents."

I wasn't prepared for that. But he had a point. He wouldn't lecture me on my choices but he also didn't want to reward them. He wouldn't waste his time on my family's dream and not mine. I had to assure him. "Professor, I want to become a hero."

"In this economy!?"

I laughed, "I'm serious."

He smiled, happy with my answer. "Fantabulous!! We will start bright and early tomorrow so wake up or Neon gets your breakfast." He pat my and Chloride's head and ran out to assemble things to blow me up with in the morning.

I laid down on the couch and let Chloride lay on top of me. She isn't in any way light but oddly comfy, like a warm weighted blanket trying to suffocate me. Aaww. I ended up falling asleep on the couch with that thread of hope back in sight.
I wanted this, and I wasn't gonna let anything stand in my way.

So Professor Q is going to be training Rose! Wonder how that will end

Find out in the next chapter of Guns And Roses

In this chapter we got to see a little bit of out best pup, Hydrogen! So for the question, what is you favorite kind of dog?

Character Spotlight: Professor Q
Original character
Quirk: Blueprint

Fun fact: he has owned Hydrogen and Chloride since they were puppies