(28) Round 1

Quick AN: so yes as you can tell the pair ups are different from the cannon story, but that's for a reason. You see I don't want the bracket to be directly cannon with the exception of Rose because if you guys wanted to see cannon material then you would've watched the anime. This is a fan fiction which means it's my job as an author to provide new things you won't get anywhere else. I want this story to be different and I want you guys to have a unique story to read! So I changed the brackets to fit my story and I hope you all like it

Thank you, stay safe, and back to the story

Rose POV:
Midnight had dismissed us to go eat lunch and take a break before the real action started. It was actually nice, to say the least. I ate with Mickey and Rocket which meant I got to hear Mickey talk for an hour straight. I'm glad I had gotten a chance to chill before my big fight. The brackets would start soon and everyone was prepping in their own way.

I gotta say some of these pairings were... interesting to say the least. But the weirdest part was what happened beforehand.
Apparently something went down during the Calvary Battle that made two kids from 1A, Ojiro and Aoyama, withdrawal from the next round. Aoyama didn't want to at first, but saw all the attention Tail Boi was getting and caved in. That left the only two other members from Team Shinso to move on, our fellow extra and a chick from 1B. Midnight asked the girl if she wanted to drop out to but she said,

"Heck no! No disrespect to you two but..I may not know what happened back there, but dangit I'm still gonna win this and prove I deserve to be here too." She wasn't too phased about the whole not remembering what happened thing and seemed determined to win.

Mei actually dropped out too, which I was surprised at. I tried to convince her to stay but she said that there was just nothing left for her to do. She didn't want to use her gadgets and have her investors see them be used on the losing opponent, so she dipped. Gotta say, I was kinda disappointed. I mean I didn't want to fight her, but it still would've been cool to see her take on one of the other guys.
Oh well I guess..

That left sixteen of us to compete in the one on one challenge. Most were easy fights to just knock out the weaker kids- oh no offense Sero we all loved you- but some actually out on a good show.
Let's recap, shall we?

⏮️ ⏮️ ⏯️

"Get those foam fingers in the air cause it's almost time for the last round!" Mic announced to everyone in the stadium, calling them back to their seats after lunch. "Kids put your morals aside, and don't be afraid to play dirty! Although stay away from that life or death crap. Real heros take villains to jail not kill them, remember?" Cementoss filled the area with a large slap of concrete for us to fight in and waited in a rock chair to make sure things don't get too rough.
"You can win by getting your opponent out of the ring or by immobilizing them, you can even win by getting them to cry uncle and forfeit the match!" Mic went over all the dos and don'ts of the round then let it all begin.

1st up: the pink sweetheart going by the name Mina Ashido vs. our background boi Hitoshi Shinso

It was one of the quicker fights, but that's not to say miss dark-eyes didn't put up a hell of a fight. She was getting him pretty good with her acid, but for whatever reason she just stopped and walked out halfway through the match. She was in the middle of saying, "I'm gonna kick your-" then just stood up and froze, walking away.
Weird.
____________

Second: Mika Bitch vs. Kiri-shark
Gotta say, seeing her completely yeet him out of the ring in the first four seconds and barely giving him a chance kinda made me dislike her a little bit more. I mean come on he just wants to show off his manly power
____________