(25) Feel My Wrath and Extreme Self-Doubt

You know this whole teamwork bullshit can honestly fuck off

Alright where were we?

________________

Once everyone was done with the obstacle race, whether they made it out or not, we all gathered around Midnight's stage to here the news we've been waiting for.
"Listen up kiddos!!" She cracked her whip at an unnecessary volume like always. Really wish she'd stop that..

"I know what you're waiting to hear, so I'll get on with it," her voice was heavy with intimidation while she stared daggers at the kids during her dramatic pause. "The top 42 students will be moving on to round two. My apologies to the kids under that, but if you placed 43 or below you must take your spot on the loser bench in you class's designated area." I looked around to the kids who were either grateful for their number or about to vomit after such a short lose. I looked up as our names and placements scattered onto the screen.

Twenty-first place..... twenty-first place...... twenty-first place...

I kept repeating my number in my head over and over while continuously checking to make sure that was my name. I honestly couldn't believe it and had to be absolutely certain I was moving on before celebrating.

Ok 21 is higher than 42...21 is higher than 42...that's my name... Tullula Rosemary...that's me.. I'm above 42...I'm moving on? I'm moving on!!

I took that chance to have a celebratory clap and smile at myself for this. I know I know, I hadn't won yet. There's still a few more competitions and this one might be worse than the first. I stood attentively and listened to Midnight, "And the next round will be...." She dramatically, cause this lady couldn't be bland to save her life, spun the wheel and watched as it landed on our next task. "A calvary battle!" Shit

"Participants will form teams of two or more for people they see fit. It's clearly the same as a regular playground game...but there's one difference: each player has been assigned a point value based on the obstacle course," the screen displaying our names flipped up various numbers. From the looks of it, last place, or 42, started out with five and it moved up from there. 41= 10, 40= 15, 39= 20, and you get the idea.

Yours truely ranked up a whopping 110 points, which is bad and it might give me an advantage. The kids with higher point values will likely be targeted first by others. If I'm lucky, I might get overlooked by the competition. I looked up to the screen and tried to memorize some of everyone's starting points..

Katsuki Bakugo: 205
Shoto Todoroki: 200
Mercedes Jackson: 195
Ejiro Kirishima: 170
Mika Quartz: 140
Hitoshi Shinso: 125
Tullula Rosemary: 110
Neito Monoma: 105

(This better be right and I hope y'all appreciate it cause I had to do mAtHh -_-)

Everyone was in a relatively similar range of numbers, except for first place. Now call me stupid, but I am almost certain ten million is not five more than two hundred five. Poor Midoriya now has the entire first year group targeting him.

"So all we gotta do is take this guy down and we win?"

"Seems easy enough. He didn't even use a quirk."

"Yeah so be careful cause he could be holding back anything for all we know.."

"Take him down"

Overall, the game was pretty simple: Headbands calculate team points, so steal as many as you can. You can out them on from the neck up, and can't make a team fall on purpose. Now it came for the hard part, picking teams