𝟏𝟖

____
You're so golden

I'm out of my head
And I know that you're scared

Because hearts get broken

Golden -harry styles
____

"Harry mate" I hummed looking over away from the gauze that wrapped my hands towards Jack "You okay?"

I focused back on my hands not knowing how to answer honestly.

Charlie was invating my mind more than usual. She was something else, the things I've heard or read about her was nothing compared to what I saw.

And what bugged me more is that she hadn't talked to me in a few days, 2 days and 11 hours actually but who's counting. After what happened at her childhood house she didn't come back the same.

It wasn't hard to notice.

I could hear the wheels in her head turning as she sat in silence in my car on the way back. I wanted to ask what had happened but after knowing what her father did to her brother, or what he could have done to her if she was there. Or the worst part.

What he had already done to her.

I knew if Charlie told me in that car on what happened the night she called me I wouldn't be able to control myself and go back there and murder her parents.

Not a very logical thing to do but I didn't want them to bring more pain to her.

She was a beautiful person, flawed in every way but that made her beautiful. It was drew me towards her.

Charlie held a wall in front of her, she thought she hide her problems but they were the wall she created.

As if it was to push people away so they wouldn't know who she was. And if never worked on me it just pulled me in deeper.

A simple job became a whole mess.

"I don't know" I got up grabbing the gun in front of me and putting agaisnt my back keeping it secure in my pants
"Charlie still hasn't called me"

I felt like a nosey teenager, clingy and everything.

She was always on my mind, constantly holding hostage of my own thoughts making me focus on only her.

Just laying in her bed watching her sleep made me feel calm watching her nose scrunch up as if bad things fell in mind as she slept beside me.