𝟓𝟔

And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me
And I'll use you as a makeshift gauge

Of how much to give and how much to take

I'll use you as a warning sign

That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

i found- amber run

"No...no...no....please" 

My eyes pulled away from the wall towards Charlie seeing her eyebrows crease as her breathing became labored, a panic attack filled her body in her sleep, hands clenching the sheets beside her as a heart breaking sob passed her lips.

"Shhh...I got you, it's okay. It's just me and you baby" I whispered in her ear as I pulled to her my chest evolving her in a hug, protecting her from the world as I tried to calm her back to a calm state of mind.

It had been 2 nights.

Charlie told me that night she felt tired so I took her back to the old safehouse knowing that nobody would find us here, these two days she didn't move an inch out of bed.

She would just roll to the cold part of the bed when she was awake, not uttering more than 'I'm fine' when I asked her if she was hungry or if she needed something then closing her eyes and lulling back to sleep for the rest of the day. And if she wasn't sleeping she was screaming bloody murder until she ended up in tears.

Trapped in that toxic head of hers until something else played in her mind. 

It was like the after her speech at her old house a weight was lifted off her should right there and then seeing that even her shoulders looked lighter, looked less tense but without that weight it opened a door in her mind. It was like everything she bottled up inside her was now consuming her every movement and I wanted so bad to do something.

I nearly snapped at the ball, choking the life out of any of them who told her she was worthless...almost leaving and hunting down her father, ending his life with my own hands for abusing her for so long. But the anger subsided when I saw her in the garden, scared, venerable trying to pick herself up alone like she was use to, I didn't let her this time.

I helped her up to her feet swallowing the guilt I felt when she told me she trusted me, trusted me with everything she had. I felt guilt because I was still lying about one thing and if she knew...she wouldn't want to see me, she'd leave the moment she found out, I didn't want to know how that pain felt.