𝟑𝟓

Tell me the truth
Even if it hurts me, even if it's ugly

My heart is open
Tell me the truth

Without the self-protection
Love can mend what's broken

In me and you

Tell me the truth -Steffany Gretzinger

____

3 days.

3 days and no sign of Harry, no calls, no texts, not even a smoke signal or a pigeon mail.

Not a single sign that my boyfriend was okay, that he just got tied up with something or somewhere. My anxiety and worry were through the roof as I listened to phone ring and ring but no answer on the other side.

I let out frustrated sigh left my lips as I turned my phone off as I stared at the black screen. I wondered if somehow this was my fault but I had to be honest and realistic.

Harry was normal at dinner and before that and now he was just; gone.

I felt like a psychotic girlfriend going after him and checking his apartment and safe house, both unoccupied. I was worried that something happened, that he got hurt...or he decides didn't want me anymore.

Not even Jack has answered my calls, he's seen then but not a single reply which I found odd since I thought we were close. It hurt me that it seemed like Harry was avoiding me especially when I swung by the store, Mitch didn't even give me a glance as he went into that basement.

Was I being avoided or was something happing that I was taken out of the loop top know.

It made me curious and worried for what had happened to make them just ghost me out of nowhere.

I couldn't do much either with my parents still in town, they asked for Harry as I lied he had trouble at work, but it's given me time to focus on them for a while.

It was if I was a kid again waking up with the smell of pancakes and their smiling faces as they welcome me to the table.

It was a few occasions I've gotten that as a child but neither less I was enjoying it now. Dad was enthusiastic for me to show the university which I had the pleasure of doing, he always dreamed to go there was a young adult but he couldn't.

I think he should still go, I don't think age matters really to go to college.

With me not even batting an eye at college and Jason, well, getting kicked out, dad was excited for Percy to begin next year to study.

Percy was less excited, he really didn't like school.

Mom was happy to be near us, she kept that bright smile as I took her around New York, she was obsessed with trying to find the café she use to hang out at in the 90's.

We're still looking though.

"Hey, kiddo are you sure don't want me to stay?" I looked over my dad as we waited in the waiting room of my family's company.

As painfully anxious it made me be, grandmother insisted me to come. She needed to talk to me.

"She said it'll be quick. Sorry that it's taking a bit of our time together on your last day here" I gave him a tight smile looking around the room.