F O U R T E E N

Marie POV

" So wassup tell me about yourself" He said as we looked over the Denny's menu

"Well my name is Marie. I'm 21. No kids yet. I'm a college student working on my masters degree to be a doctor instead of a RN. Uh my favorite colors are pink and white. I love sports. Football is my favorite sport to watch other than boxing. I don't really have any family. So I plan on moving to like Cali or something."

"Wow. I fuck with that. It's just one small issue"

"That being??"

"You can't just move and forget about me" He smirked.

"Well what about you?"

" My name Truth. I'm 24 with no kids. No gf no nothing like that. I work for myself. I own a couple clubs out here and in Cali surprisingly. Also in Atlanta and Florida. My parents live In Richmond, Tx with my little brother and sister. I'm tryna get them out of Houston as well."

"Okay family man" I said with a small smile.

——————————

Truth and I spent the entire day together. We vibe so easily. No forced laughs. No forced conversation. Everything was genuine.

"You wanna go somewhere?"

"Hold on. We vibing and all but you ain't getting these cookies"

"Nah chill. Not like that. I'm saying like a vacation. I got some business to handle at my club down in Florida. You can fly out there with me. No funny business. I just want you to enjoy yourself. You'll have your own room. Your own bathroom and all. I promise you I'm NOT tryna have sex with. All I want is your time"

"How long will we be gone? I have a job I can't just up and disappear"

"I'll bring you back home WHENEVER you're ready. Just think about it. I have to go. I promised my lil sister I'd take her roller skating. But let me put my number in your phone"

There he was. Getting in his car. He sat there for at least 2 minutes making nonstop eye contact with me.  I actually enjoyed having him as company. As he drove off he blew me a kiss and winked. I couldn't help but to smile. I stayed at Denny's for another 30 minutes just thinking about the offer he had just made.

As I pulled up to my house I began to think about how different my life would be if I hadn't met Jovan. But I was also thinking about how good he made me feel. How good he made my body feel. All the memories we shared together. I wanted it back. It was mines. The happiness he's giving that girl is mines. She's having his baby while I'm having his Babies. I call every Wednesday but he never answers so from now on he's dead to me. I won't let him control my feelings anymore. I'm done. I deserve every bit of happiness I can get.

Truth☺️: You made your mind up sweetheart??

Me: I'm in🤙🏾

I went inside and began packing my things. I planned on having fun out there.

Group Chat

Me- I'm leaving y'all. I'm goin to Florida for a couple days.

Raiven- Damn you just gone leave a nigga. No pre warning?? And why you keep texting in this group chat. You know Arenae not gon reply. She dipped on our ass. Her own brother don't even know where she at.

-Raiven has left the group chat-

He was right. I was hoping to hear from Nae. I miss my friend. I've been praying for her. Asking God to keep her and Liz safe wherever they are. My thoughts were interrupted by an unexpected phone call.

Jay- So you leaving?

I'm sorry who is this??

Jay- Come on now don't do me...

Exactly how you been doing me. You have your family now and don't even realize what you left behind. It's okay though. I wish y'all the best.

Truth and I met up at Hobby Airport. Hopefully I could start fresh. Even though it's just a small vacation. I wanted to enjoy myself. Free from stress. Free from Jay.

"You ever been to Florida?" He asked with a small smirk.

"No I've really only been to Houston and Louisiana. I'm excited though. I can't thank you enough for allowing me to tag along"

"No need to thank me. You look beautiful by the way. Your skin is glowing"

I blushed a little while trying to turn away so he wouldn't see. I'm sure he did though.

"Can I get some wine for me and the lady"

"Oh no no. It's okay. I'll take a water if you don't mind" I interrupted.

"Alright. Scratch the wine. Bring us two waters extra ice"

The plane ride was amazing. We laughed and talked the entire time.

"So why are you single?? If you don't mind me asking" I questioned him.

"Well the woman I love is currently unavailable. So I've been staying to myself. She was my better half. My heart in human form. But she left me for another man and I haven't been right ever since."

"Sounds like what I'm going through. My ex boyfriend meant the world to me. But I guess I wasn't enough. He cheated. Got a girl pregnant and then left me for her"

"Don't ever think you aren't enough. The issue was that HE wasn't good enough for YOU!!"

He pushed my hair behind my ear and gave me a small kiss on my forehead. He's so gentle with his touch.

After getting off the plane we drove to The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami. It was right by the beach. I had never seen anything like it. We got upstairs and into a big room. It was large as hell with  2 separate beds.

"Wait. We're sharing a room??"

"Just cause I have money don't mean I like spending it. But if you want to move to the joint room next door I can arrange that for you."

"I don't wanna be a bother. If this is more convenient for you then I'm fine like this"

He picked up the hotel phone and requested that they immediately make the joint room available and clean for me. Not even 10 minutes passed when my room was ready.

"You didn't have to do this" I reassured him. "You can go and get your money back"

"Nah. This room is fit for a queen like you"

When he said that It brought back memories of when Jay left that dress on my bed. The note read "fit for a queen". Kind of had me a little skeptical but I brushed past it.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yea. I'm okay. I'm actually kind of hungry"