| 𝐀𝐏𝐔𝐒 | 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

Apus is a small constellation that represents a bird-of-paradise

Apus is a small constellation that represents a bird-of-paradise. These birds mostly live in the tropical islands of Papa New Guinea, and are known for their beautiful, vivid plumes of feathers.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

🖤

The minutes ticked by as he sat in the darkness. Angel should have been here about twenty minutes ago, and he was starting to become restless. He picked gingerly at the lint on his jacket and thought about Hogsmeade today.

Cedric Diggory. What a massive plonker. Always there to save the day, wasn't he! And how did he know Angel didn't like pumpkin pasties? She had only told him that and not Cedric, surely? Their secret meetings in the Tower were special. The fact she had shared this same personal information with someone else was a slight against their friendship.

The way she let him put his arm around her, like she belonged to him, like they were together. Why did she let him do that? He must do it very often, because she had been smiling. What did that ditzy Hufflepuff boy have that he did not?

He suddenly remembered what Pansy had told him back at the pub. It must be Angel then, the person Cedric was seeing. Thorns of jealousy prickled his heart.

To think she had actually tried to talk with him before Cedric had come, and he had been rude for no reason at all. Maybe that was the reason she had decided not to come tonight. Probably canoodling with Diggory in their stupid Hufflepuff dorm, laughing about how Pathetic Draco Malfoy was dating Pug-Faced Pansy Parkinson.

"Hey, Malfoy!" Angel almost tripped on the landing before flumping down next to him, trying to catch her breath. "Sorry I was late, but you'll know why in a second, promise!" She adjusted the heavy-looking basket that hung in the nook of her arm.

"What's that?" he asked.

She was beaming from ear to ear as she set the basket down and pulled out a blanket, which she spread carefully on the floor on the deck. "Come on! Sit!" She patted the space beside her. He did so, all while staring at her in confoundment.

She took out two bowls from the basket, and he could see now that it was filled with a bunch of fruits. A flask of something was tucked in there as well. She retrieved the fruits one by one - three apples, two oranges, a mango, and a bunch of grapes. Then, fishing out a small knife from her pocket, began slicing them into the bowls.

"Would you just tell me what you're doing?" he demanded impatiently.

"It's for us! Nicked these from the kitchen." She looked pleased with herself as the blade pierced the paper-thin skin of the fruit. "That's why I was late."

"You? You stole from the kitchen? I mean, you actually stole something?" He wanted to laugh.

"Shut up, Malfoy. Look at this mango, it's perfect! It only grows in tropical climates, but the house elves managed to get some! You do like mangoes, don't you?" She finished cutting the last of the fruit and put away the knife.