𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄

A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon blocks the sun, casting a shadow upon the earth and engulfing it in night

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

🤍

Dear Mum and Dad,

How are you? It feels strange being back in school after everything that's happened. I really don't want to be here - I'd rather be home with you guys. I do hope everything's okay. Did you know Harry's gone? How is mum?

Love,
Angel

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Dear Angel,

Dad here. They've well taken over the Ministry now, so we thought it's best if your mother stopped going to work, just to be safe. Told them she's down with a bout of bronchitis. We've just been cooped up at home drinking tea and keeping up with the news, although it hasn't been very reliable recently.

It's not safe for you to come home now. You're better off in Hogwarts - they have special protective charms put in place, don't they? You just take care and go about your lessons as usual, and that little secret club of yours. Don't want to say too much - they've started watching the mail too.

You'll be home in a jiffy, darling. We'll pick you up from Kings Cross as usual in a few months.

Love you always,
Mum and Dad

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Mum and Dad,

Susan told me they're hunting Muggle-borns now. Is it true? Is that why you won't let me come home? Professor McGonagall said students can go home if we wanted to, given the circumstances.

Love,
Angel

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Mum and Dad,

It's been a few days since I've heard from you. Is everything alright? Have you gone on holiday without telling me? Please write me back soon!

Angel

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Mum, Dad, I'm getting really worried. It's been two weeks. Are you in England at all? Please tell me, or send me something if you can't write back!

Angel

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Professor Flitwick seemed much less animated than usual as he explained theory on non-verbal spells. Everyone was bored, but Angel in particular couldn't stop her mind from drifting. Where on earth were her parents? It was unusual for them to not write back within a few days.

She tapped her quill impatiently against the edge of her desk, anxious for lesson to be over so she can send off another owl to them.

"It's alright, Angel," Hannah whispered to her. "I'm sure they've just gone on holiday or left the country to be safe."

"Oh, Hannah, how can you be sure though? What if something bad has happened?" she whispered back before realising Flitwick had stopped talking. She looked up, ready to apologise for speaking during class, but instead, she saw that Professor McGonagall was here. They conversed in hushed tones, and they both cast a sideways glance at her direction.

"Miss Dawson?" McGonagall called, and the entire class turned to look at her. "May I see you in my office now, dear?"

McGonagall huddled her out of the class and they hurried down the corridor to her office. The professor looked so serious she didn't dare ask any questions.

Shutting the door behind them, McGonagall then looked at her gravely. "I have some... news for you, dear. You might want to sit down." Obediently, Angel sat herself on the plush, red velvet chair.

"Miss Dawson, I'm so very, very sorry."

"What is it, Professor?" Her heart pounded in her chest. Something about the way McGonagall was looking at her confirmed her worst fears. 

"It's... well, it's your parents."