| 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒 | 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

When Princess Ariadne was abandoned by Theseus, Dionysus saw her crying and fell in love. After their marriage, he threw the crown he'd given her into the sky, creating the Corona Borealis constellation.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

🖤

Potions was the only class he bothered to attend now. His eyes followed Angel as she walked into room and sat down beside Cho. He waited for her to turn around and smile at him like she always did, but today, her head tilted to the floor.

"Gather around, students," Professor Slughorn called, placing a cauldron in the middle of the table. "Today, we're going to learn all about Amortentia. Can anyone tell me what it is?"

A hand shot up. "Yes, Miss Granger!" Slughorn called.

"It's the most powerful love potion in the world. It smells different for everyone, depending on what attracts them the most," Hermione stated proudly.

"You're quite correct! Would you come forward and tell the class what you smell, please?"

Hermione stepped boldly up and sniffed the steam. "I smell... freshly mown grass, parchment, and...mint... toothpaste..." She flushed a deep beetroot and shook her head, stepping back.

"Well done!" Slughorn turned to the rest of the class. "Amortentia smells different to everyone, depending on what - or who - they find the most attractive. It doesn't actually create real love, of course. It will simply cause infatuation or even obsession, but never real love. Remember, it's almost impossible to imitate or manufacture love."

Draco scanned the students for Angel and found her standing behind Parvati Patil. She seemed to realise he was looking at her and was taking great effort to avoid his gaze.

"Now, I want you all to pair up and try brewing your very own Amortentia. You can get your ingredients from the front. Quickly, now!"

Students scrambled to pair with each other, and he started towards Angel before a dreadful voice call his name. "Draco," Pansy cooed. "Let's be partners!" He rolled his eyes, knowing their Amortentia would surely fail with Pansy at the helm. From the corner of his eye, he spied Angel pairing up with Zach Smith, who looked mighty pleased. He simmered, mentally cursing both Pansy and Zach. 

Pansy gossiped beside him the entire time, banging on and on tirelessly about Lavender Brown and Ron, both of whom he could not care less about. "I don't think you're cutting that right," he pointed out, interrupting her. She looked at him in bewilderment before snorting with laughter. "Since when did you care about Potions? You do it, then."

He took the knife and deftly sliced the root the right way. "Where'd you learn to do that, mister Smartypants?" she gushed, dropping it into their cauldron.

"It's in the instructions." You complete imbecile, he wanted to add.

"Alright, class, by now, your Amortentia should have a white pearly sheen and smoke. Would any pair like to volunteer their potion as a demonstration?" Slughorn looked around the class expectantly, and Hermione raised her hand again. "Now, Miss Granger. Let the other students have a go, shall we? How about you, Miss..." he looked straight at Pansy.

"Parkinson. And Malfoy," she filled him in. Slughorn gestured for the pair to bring their cauldron to the front. "Now, tell me what do you smell?"

Pansy inhaled the fumes and grinned excitedly. "I smell green apples, pine, and candy."

"Fancy a boy with a sweet tooth, do you, Miss Parkinson?" Slughorn quipped, and Pansy blushed, casting a sideways glance at Draco. "And what about you, Mr Malfoy?"