| 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴

Meaning 'weighing scales' in Latin, Libra is often associated to Themis, goddess of divine law and order

Meaning 'weighing scales' in Latin, Libra is often associated to Themis, goddess of divine law and order. An astrological constellation, Librans often struggle with self-identity and worth.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

🖤

Draco awoke in the hospital wing to darkness.

He stared at the stone ceiling, or at least what he could make of it. It was a minute before his eyes could adjust to the pitch black of the room. The steady tick-tocking of the large clock echoed through the eerily-still castle.

Suddenly, everything came crashing back all at once. The bathroom, Harry, the duel, blood... Angel. How long had he been out? He jolted upright. It was nighttime now, and the infirmary was completely empty.

He stepped down from the bed onto the cool floor, his legs wobbling a little, and he tried to steadied himself. Keeping his hands to the walls, felt his way out of the room. Then his stumble became a jog as he headed straight for the Astronomy Tower.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The place looked darker and even more empty than usual, and he wondered if she was even there. He flung open the doors, climbing the steps two at a time.

Relief washed over him when he saw a huddled figure, bending over a book that lay open on her lap. Hhe watched her for a few moments. She didn't seem to realise he was there as she squinted at the pages, eyes and fingers moving across the paper in a desperate search for something.

Trying to maintain his composure, he walked over to her and sat down, startling her and breaking her attention from the book.

"Malfoy! What are you doing here? You should be resting! How- how are you feeling?" she asked cautiously, her eyes studying him urgently.

"I'm fine," he replied curtly, not knowing what else to say.

Her gaze lingered on him before she snapped the book shut. His eyes darted to it, just able to make out the title before she put it away. Healing Spells Vol III.

"Tell me what's going on, Malfoy," she begged. "Please. Why were you fighting with Harry?"

At that moment, he wanted nothing more than to spill his soul to her. "I- I can't... If I told you, you'd hate me."

"You almost killed me in our second year, Malfoy." Even her harsh laughter sounded somewhat musical. "On purpose, might I add. Yet, here I am, sat with you in this goddamn Tower almost every night for the past month. I don't think anything you tell me right now could possibly make me hate you."

"You will."

She heaved a great sigh and stood up. He saw the whole stack of textbooks sitting on the other side of her - Healing Spells I, II, IV.