𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡

🤍

🤍

"Isn't this exciting!" Hannah gushed as she twirled around in her dress. The gold fabric glittered in the rays of the setting sun that flitted into the room.

Hannah twisted around in the mirror to check if her zipper was done up properly and caught sight of Angel behind her. "Angel Dawson..." she paused dramatically. "What's-his-face is going to positively shit himself when he sees you!"

Susan reappeared out of the bathroom, decked in her navy blue gown.

"Dmitri. Dmitri Ivanov," Angel corrected, but Hannah didn't seem to hear. "And what's that you're wearing! Is it lipstick and mascara? And blush, too! Where'd you get makeup?" Susan bounded up to them, studying her face. Angel's cheek flushed. "My Mum sent it."

"Well, go on, then! Do mine!" demanded Hannah, sticking out her face. The two girls squabbled about who was going to go first, much to Angel's amusement. "There's plenty to go around," she laughed, whipping out the lipstick bullet.

"The perks of being friends with someone who has a Muggle-born parent," Hannah said, trying not to move her mouth as Angel tapped on the lipstick, and they all giggled.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The lawn in front of the castle was lit up with hundreds of magical lights, luminescent in the darkness of the evening. Students milled about, tittering excitedly as they waited for the ball to start. 

Ernie and Zach spotted them from afar and hurried over. "Alright, ladies?" Zach greeted them. "You four clean up well," he said, his eyes lingering on Angel. She felt her cheeks go red again.

He had asked her last week, but she already accepted Dmitri's invitation just the day before, and felt terrible for turning him down, so she'd convinced Hannah to go with him instead. Now, she was wondering if she had made the right choice. She barely knew Dmitri, and Zach did look rather dashing in his formal suit tonight.

"Not looking too shabby yourself!" Angel smiled back at the boys. "I'm going in to look for Dmitri." Hannah linked arms with Zach, and Susan with Ernie, as they followed dozens of other students into the foyer.

To their wonder, they found that it had been completely transformed as well. Huge ice sculptures stood by the doors, and at the front, three gigantic Christmas trees towered grandly over everybody, their stars brushing the ceiling. Hundreds of glittering icicles dripped from the ceiling as enchanted snowflakes drifted lazily down.

Someone tapped her on the shoulder and she turned. Dmitri stood proudly before her in his blood red robes. "Dmitri, I was looking for you!" She stretched out her hand to shake his, but he brought it to his lips instead.