Chapter 3

Taleera's POV

•••••

I walked off if the bus with Tinika and Destony in tow. I had already told them about William and I's little bathroom scene. I should have known that all he wanted was sex.

We all did our usual thing for the first 5 classes before lunch, but in English, Destony's boyfriend, Thomas (a football player), passed her note. She told Tinika what was on it, but not me, so I was a bit bummed.

When lunch came around, instead of going to the cafeteria, Tinika and Destony dragged me to the football feild.

"C'mon, we're sitting at the top," Tinika said as we went up the bleachers.

"Why are we out here in the first place?" I asked as we sat down at the very top of the bleachers. Tinika and Destony sat on either side of me.

"I can't say much, but I can say that's it's gonna be a good surprise," Destony said. I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, music started to play. The song 'I'm Sexy And I Know It' came on. Then. the football players and the cheerleaders ran on the field. I started laughing because the footballers were wearing their jerseys and boxers. Just their jerseys and boxers. While the cheerleaders were doing flips and shit, the football players were singing along to the song and dancing in sync.

When the song was coming to an end, everyone said at the same time, "YOU'RE SEXY AND YOU KNOW IT!" And they all pointed at the bleacher we were sitting. Then, they all left the field and came back with signs. They put the signs in the air and it spelled out:

WILL YOU GO ON A DATE WITH ME, LOVE?

"So what do you think?" I jumped at the British accent that came from beside me. I looked and saw William sitting next to me. I looked for Tinika and Destony, but they were no where in sight. Where are those whores!!?!?

"It was nice," I finally said to him. His face fell.

"Nice? You thought it was nice? Do you know how long it took me to think of this, convince them to do it, and get it right all in one night. I spent my night here, Taleera."

"Really?" I asked. He nodded. He really did all of this for me. "Yes."

"What?" He said, confused.

"The answer is 'yes'. I'll go out with you." A smile exploded on his face. His arms wrapped around me tightly as he repeatedly kissed my cheek. All I did was laugh.