Chapter 8

William's POV

•••••

Okay, I am utterly fed up right now. Taleera has been dodging me all day. She refuses my kisses, doesn't respond to my hugs, and give me simple answers whenever we have a conversation. I asked her about it and she said, "I don't know what you're talking about."

If anybody knows me, especially Taleera, they know that I don't like to be ignored. When Taleera's English class rolled around, I just couldn't wait until lunch to speak to her.

So, here I am now, knocking on the door of Mrs. Wells classroom. When the door opened, there was the teacher.

"Yes, William," Mrs. Wells said. "How may I help you?"

"Yes. I need to have a word with Taleera. Principal's orders," I explained. She looked at me suspiciously. I thought for a second that she would catch me in my lie before she said 'Okay'.

I waited patiently outside of the door as Mrs. Wells got Taleera. A few seconds later, my beautiful girl walked outside of the classroom, her arms folded.

"What chu want?" She asked.

"Why are you acting this way with me?" I asked. She began to say something, but I already knew what it was. "Don't say you don't know what I'm talking about because I know you do." She rolled her eyes.

"Why did you come here?" She asked with obvious irritation.

"I want to talk to you," I told her softly.

"Are you sure? I mean, Emile's in that class, too. I'm pretty sure she's available."

I was taken aback. Then I realized that all of her odd actions began when Emile came.

"Is that what you're on about?" I asked puzzled. She huffed and rolled her eyes, looking away from me. "You think I like Emile?"

"Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out," she snapped back. "Everytime we hang out, it's 'Emile this..' or 'Emile that..'. She's all you talk about."

"She's practically the only one I talk to since you've been ignoring me! So excuse me if we've been bonding a little bit too much for your liking," I said sarcastically. She scoffed.

"Fine! In fact, it's so fine, that you can talk to Emile from now on. Actually, you can talk to whoever the hell you want, 'cuz I'm done."

She stormed back into the classroom, bumping into my shoulder on her way there. I rolled my eyes and cursed myself for what I've just done. I just had to be a smartass.

*****

Lunch rolled around a little while later and when I showed up to the cafeteria, Taleera wasn't in sight. I saw Emile sitting at the table by herself.

"Hey, Em?" I greeted/asked, getting her attention.

"Oh, hey," she said in her thick accent. She smiled up at me, pulling a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Where are the others?" I asked sitting beside her.

"Zey went to ze batroom." Her smile faltered as she thought back on something.

"What's wrong?" I asked, wondering about her wool-gathered expression. She snapped out of the daze when in spoke.

"Oh, nothing," she said looking down. I puts a hand on her shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I vas fallowing zem here when Taleera tell me to head here while zey go to ze batroom. Az I vas valking, a group of girls came to me and started to harass me. Zey say zat zey call me names becos I am close to you. Zey call me a slut and a whore."

Her eyes became teary as she explained what had happened. Who the fuck would do that? Why would they harass her for hanging out with me? I spend a lot of my time with Taleera. Why attack Emile and not Taleera? Unless...

"It's okay, Emlie," I said rubbing her back soothingly. She put her face in my chest as more tears fell.

After about two, long minutes, Emile lifted her head, looking at me.

Her eyes shone bright into mine. I didn't notice that she was leaning closer until I felt her lips brush mine and there was a clashing of plates against the floor.

•••••

Sorry I haven't been updating much. I have school and Algebra is a bitch. Ya feel meh!?

Anyway, I'll try harder to update more and sorry for the ending!!

*shrug* (•_•) *shrug*