Chapter 7

Taleera's POV

•••••

Ugh! It's Monday and I was supposed to meet up with Tinika and Destony at lunch, but I was called to the office during my 5th period class, which is right before lunch.

I was slowly walking towards the office. I bet my ass is in trouble. I don't know what for, but I know I am.

When I made it to the office, the lady at the counter just told me to walk right in. I went up to Principal Reid's door and walked in like the lady told me to.

Inside of the office was Principal Reid sitting behind his desk and a blonde girl sitting in a chair in from of it.

"You called me, Mr. Reid?" I asked him. He looked at me and nodded, then gestured toward the other chair next to the blonde chick. I sat down and waited for him to talk.

"Ms. Parker, how are you?" He asked me. I cocked my head to the side.

"Watchu want, Mr. Reid?" I asked with a smile. "I'm hungry and call me to the office right before lunch starts."

"It's not like your missing anything," he said, with a small laugh. "It's 'Meatloaf Monday'."

"True," I said. "So what am I here for? Am I in trouble or something?" He shook is head.

"No," he said then gestured toward the blonde chick, who's been very quiet. "This is a new foreign exchange student. Now since I've noticed that you get along so well with our last exchange student, William, I have assigned you to show Emile, here, around." I looked at the blonde-headed girl and she smiled at me. I pressed my lips into a straight line, almost like an aggravated smile, before looking back at Principal Reid.

I would have thrown a damn pencil at his neck. How you just gon' make me show around this random just cuz William is my boyfr- I mean friend....Yeah.

I looked at him for a solid minute before I replied. "Aight." Principal Reid gave Emile her papers and stuff and when we walked out of the office, the bell for lunch rang.

"Finally!!" I screamed, ready to sprint to the cafeteria. What?! My ass is hungry.

I started to run to the cafeteria and didn't stop until I got to the double doors. That was when I noticed the heavy and weak footsteps come up behind me.

Oh shit! I forgot Emile was with me.

She got up beside me, her cheeks bright red as she breathed heavily and put her hands on her knees. She looked at me with a 'what the hell?' look on her face.

Bitch, my bad.

Once she finished catching her breath, I lead her into the cafeteria and to the line.

"Oh, I bawt my own lonche," she said in her French accent. I stared at her like 'Dafuq did you say?'

Then she reached inside of her backpack and pulled out a brown paper bag, probably filled with food.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "You got your own lunch. Just go sit over there. It's where me and my friends sit." She nodded her head and sat at the now empty table. When she sat down, I saw Tinika and Destony enter the cafeteria and the first thing they saw Emile at our table. They made weird faces and walked over to me.

"Who's the chick sittin' at our table?" Tinika asked, still looking at the blonde girl.

"She's Emile," I said. "Principal Reid assigned me to show her around. I'm guessing that we have the same classes together, too."

"Oh. Okay," Destony said, shrugging it off.

Once we got our food, we went to sit at our table. And when I turned, I noticed that William was sitting there, too, talking to Emile.

We sat down and William and Emile didn't even notice us there. I know he's not my boyfriend, but I don't like this. I guess Tinika and Destony knew what I was feeling. Tinika cleared her throat obnoxiously loud, loud enough for them to notice our presence.

I love my friends.

"Oh," William said. "Hello, ladies. Taleera, you didn't tell me you added someone to your circle."

"We didn't," Destony said for me. I saw Emile's smile falter a bit.

"Oh," William said silently.

"So what were you two talking about?" I asked. I couldn't help it.

"Well, I just saw her sitting here and decided to introduce myself," William explained.

"Oh really?" Destony asked, skeptically. Her eyes narrowed at William before she started looking Emile up and down.

"How come you guys know Emile?" William asked. I answered him.

"Principle Reid assigned me to show her around." It was a simple answer. I didn't feel like talking. I just lowered my head down to my pizza.

"Are you okay, Taleera?" He asked, looking at me with concern. He put his hand on my hand from across the table. "You seem upset about something." I moved my hand from under his and put it on my lap.

"I'm fine," I said. He nodded before him and Emile began another conversation filled with laughter and smiles.

"I don't like this," Destony commented, her eyes glued to the pair in front of us.

"Me neither, but he's not my boyfriend," I said, my eyes falling back to my cold pizza.

"Well you better change that. Soon," Tinika commented, "or Miss French Fry over there is gonna steal your man."

-----

5 comments ('update' or 'update please' does not count) and 20 votes for next chapter!!