Chapter 9

Taleera's POV

••••

It's been three days.

Three fucking days since I saw those motherfuckers kissing.

After I saw them, I ran home with Tinika following after me. I guess Destony stayed behind to yell at them or something. It wasn't a far distance, but it wasn't too short.

I can't believe he did that to me. He said he wanted me, only me. I haven't been to school since. My mom doesn't know that though. She'd send me off to school, but I'd just wander around the park. I knew that she wouldn't let me stay home on her own decision. I'm just glad that it's Saturday and I have no reason to get out of bed.

Knock Knock

"Whaaaaattttt?" I yelled lazily to whoever was knocking on my door at 10 in the morning on a Saturday.

"Get up," I heard my mama's voice say. "Austin's birthday party is today and we're leaving at 2. So start getting dressed."

"Can't you guys go without me?" I asked. I really don't want to go anywhere, especially not William's house.

"No. I don't want you to be home by yourself and you need to get out of the house," she said. "And I'm pretty sure William will be there." Ugh. The sing-song tone in her voice makes me sick.

"Fine. I'm coming," I said, whilst pulling the cover and sheets off of my body. I crawled out of bed and went to my bathroom.

Ew! I look a hot damn mess. (Thanks a lot, William.) I brush my teeth and wash my face before I pick out what I want to wear. It's nothing much really. I know William's gonna be there and I really don't want to see him, but...y'know.

I went to my cluttered dresser and hunted under the mountains of stuff in search for my mascara. That's when I saw it. The mix tape that William got me on our fourth date. I told him that my mom was thinking of getting me a care once I got my license and he decided to make me a mix tape. No idea why, but at the time, I thought it was sweet.

I put the mix in my clutch. Maybe I'll give it back.

-----

We arrived at the Acer household right in time for the party. There were a few cars already lined up along the street in front of the house. Asha had her present (along with mom and mine) for Austin.

We all went up to the door and rang the doorbell where we were greeted by William's mom who led up to the backyard where the birthday party was in full swing.

Asha went off and played with Austin and his friends, while my mom socialized with the other adults. Thankfully William wasn't in the backyard (or at least not in my sight).

I played on my phone for a while before I heard Mrs.Acer yell.

"William, where have you been?!" She yelled. I looked up to see William walking into the backyard...hand and hand with that fucking french fry. "You missed half the party!"

"Sorry, I was picking up Emile." His mom looked confused/surprised.

"Who's Emile?" She asked. William motioned to the walking stick dressed in a bad spring dress. Like, bitch it's fall.

"Hello," she said in her accent. Mrs.Acer looked completely confused as she looked between their locked fingers and me. It made me so fucking mad that he is now lovey dovey with her after he basically broke me by kissing her.