"They better not" Ron says and for once in a blue moon- he and Celeste didn't eat much.

"Well you can't say it wasn't an eventful first day back" He added and Celeste elbowed him hard in the ribs.

They finished dinner- too solemn to eat more and went up to the Gryffindor common room to finish their transfiguration homework. Celeste was the only one who had done it and did her best to cross out all the small doodles she made by her name.

They glanced at the window from time to time to try and see if Hagrid's doing okay.

"Hagrid's window has a light" Harry says

Celeste peered over to Ron's watch

"We can go down if we hurry- it's still early" Celeste says and Hermione looked at them with a worried expression.

"I'm allowed to walk across the grounds" Harry points out "Sirius Black hasn't gotten past the dementors has he?"

So they all quickly placed their things down and made their way to the hut. Celeste made sure there was nobody else as she transformed into a small fox and they all made their way to the hut.

"C'min" Hagrid's voice said droopily when they knocked on the wooden door.

The 4 walked in and saw Fang on Hagrid's lap and a big bucket of what Celeste presumed to be some type of alcohol- Hagrid was worse for wear. Definitely drunk

"Spect it was a record. Don' reckon they've ever hada teacher who lasted on'y a day before" Hagrid mumbled.

"You aren't fired Hagrid" Celeste says with a frown

"Not yet" Hagrid says "But's onlya matter o' time, I'n't, after Malfoy"

"I can send a letter to Aunt Rose, her position in the ministry is high up anyways" Celeste says "Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports, Vice of the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes"

"But it might cost your aunt her job" Hermione says "Lucius Malfoy has some blackmail on them"

"But it's a good way to win!" Celeste says

"How is Malfoy?" Ron asks

"Madam Pomfrey fixed him the best she could" Hagrid says "but he's sayin' it's all agony, moaning"

"That slimy git- he's faking it you know Hagrid?" Celeste says

"Madam Pomfrey can mend anything. She regrew half my bones last year. Trust Malfoy to milk it for all it's worth" Harry says and Celeste nods

"School gov'nors have bin told, o' course. They reckon I started too big. Shoulda left Hippogriffs fer later... one flobberworms or summat... Jus' thought it'd make a good firs' lesson's all my fault" Hagrid cried and Celeste frowned.

"It's Malfoys fault- I'll talk some sense into him" Celeste mumbled

"We're witnesses too Hagrid" Celeste says "We're going to defend you! We're going to tell Dumbledore that it's all Malfoy's fault"

"Yeah! We'll back you up!" Ron says and Hagrid let out a sob before grabbing the two and Harry into a bone-crushing hug.

"You had enough to drink Hagrid" Hermione says and grabbed the tankard and went outside to empty it, Hagrid following her.

"That hurt like hell" Celeste winced as she rubbed her ribs. Ron and Harry nodded in agreement.

They heard a loud splash and went outside to see Hermione coming back with an empty a tankard.

"What'd he do?" Ron asks

"Dunked his head into a water bucket" Hermione says quietly

"That's better" Hagrid hissed as he came back with a drenched beard and face before shaking it and drenching Ron and Harry "Listen- 'i was nice of you lo' comin' here-"