15

Jinyoung awoke with a start, feeling a sense of dread in the pit of his stomach.

Just what was that dream about?

Casting a glance over on the other end of his bed was the hitman, JB, snoring away while sleeping soundly.

Hot and bothered, Jinyoung sulked at the fact that he couldn't take his clothes off to sleep because of the other sharing his bed.

He didn't want to be labeled as a sexual harasser after all.

Gently, Jinyoung slipped out of bed and tip-toed out of his room and into the kitchen to brew some coffee.

It a little past 7 am and the sun had just begun to rise, streaming soft rays of light into his apartment.

It was unusual for the hitman to still be asleep since he was always awake whenever Jinyoung woke up at 8.

Through the haze of having just woken up, Jinyoung leaned against the counter with his eyes closed as he tried to replay the scenes from his dream.

The man touching him and the sweet praises that made Jinyoung blush heavily. But the kicker was the fact that it was a dream about the hitman, JB.

The tension between them was palpable as evident from last night yet Jinyoung's insecurities would get the better of him and cause him to build an iron wall around his heart.

The smell of coffee wafted through the air, tickling at Jinyoung's nose until he decided to not think about the dream anymore.

It was a dream. Simple as that.

"Morning."

Jinyoung flinched as soon as he heard the deep rumble of JB's greeting right by his ear.

The hitman flashed a lazy grin and presented a mug to him, signaling that he wanted some coffee as well.

Too lazy to start an argument, Jinyoung grabbed the mug from JB and began to pour coffee for each of them.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked as he set down the mugs. Taking a seat opposite of JB.

JB stretched, pulling his arms upwards and arching his back almost like a cat. "Yeah, I slept really well. Thank you." He replied, humming lightly.

And there it was again. A sliver of kindness and a personality that Jinyoung knew was the real JB.

"That's good, at least you had a good rest." He remarked, sipping on his coffee. Peering through his lashes, Jinyoung hoped to see more of the real JB.

The hitman frowned as he drank from his mug. "You didn't sleep well?" He asked, concern written across his face.

Jinyoung shrugged in response, "A certain hitman was taking up all the space in my bed."

Perhaps Jinyoung shouldn't have gotten his hopes up.

At the mention of his occupation, JB seemed to sober up instantly and the cute and fluffy image of him having just woke up disappeared almost immediately.

Instead, a dangerous hitman now sat before him, smirking while running a hand through his disheveled hair.

"You're the one who implemented the barrier. If you hadn't, we'd have more space."

Jinyoung sighed and set his mug back down on the table.

"Who knows what you'd do if there was no barrier. Especially since you offered... Nevermind." Jinyoung cleared his throat, averting his gaze as he avoided mentioning the offer to become the hitman's sugar baby.

It was true, Jinyoung did find it weird the hitman paid $5000 for rent especially since Jinyoung himself didn't pay that much. But he didn't know better, after all, he'd just been another rich boy living on his parents' money before leaving to pursue his dream.

"Offer? Ah... you mean, that." JB drawled out, smiling slyly to himself. "Are you going to take me up on that offer?" He asked, leaning forward.

Jinyoung blushed as he eyed the hitman from the corner of his eye.

"Are you crazy? Why would I willingly get myself into more danger?" He scoffed, crossing his arms.

The hitman sighed in exasperation, "A little danger wouldn't hurt anyone," He mused quietly.

A moment of silence passed as JB just sipped on his coffee keeping his unsettling gaze on Jinyoung. The slightest of smirks on his lips as if he were trying not to enjoy himself.

It took all of Jinyoung's might to stay in place, pretending to not be affected.

The morning proceeded smoothly and neither knew that they were already waltzing together to the dangerous tune of an even more dangerous game.

Love.

after months of nothing, i give you something

thank you for reading this aha i really didn't think it'd reach 10k reads! i am getting busier and i dont write much anymore but we'll see if i can pick it up again lol

i read every comment and honestly it feels nice to know people look forward to more.

hope you all have a good 2021.

AIM FOR THE HEART
CHAPTER 15
COMPLETE