04

Jinyoung hasn't had the best day.

He lost his laptop and a lot of work, got rejected for a job, and a hitman broke into his apartment.

The hitman, JB, was seated on the couch opposite of Jinyoung with an ice pack pressed to his face.

It made Jinyoung smile smugly as he was capable of taking down someone as dangerous as JB.

"I'm not usually like this." JB tried to defend himself, "I can take down thirty highly trained professionals by myself."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Try anything and I'll hit the call button." His finger hovered over the said button.

JB pulled a look of distaste before looking away from Jinyoung, removing the ice pack.

"Thanks." He said quietly, placing the ice pack on the small coffee table.

Jinyoung hummed a response, he stared straight at JB, eyes roving up and down the man's body judgingly.

JB let out a low laugh, "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"Yeah. That's a great idea, it'll definitely come in handy when the police are tracking you down." Came Jinyoung's sharp reply.

"Tch."

Annoyed, JB leaned back on the couch and narrowed his eyes at Jinyoung. He tapped his feet against the floor as he returned Jinyoung's judgy stare with his own cold one.

"You have a nice apartment." JB said out of nowhere.

"Thanks...?" Jinyoung replied, slightly baffled.

"So are you going to let me leave or are you going to stare at me till sunrise?" JB spoke tauntingly.

Jinyoung pressed his lips together tightly to refrain from lashing out.

He stayed quiet as he thought about the best course of action for him to take.

If he let JB stay, it'll be easier to get him arrested but definitely more dangerous.

If he let JB leave, Jinyoung would be left with the constant fear that someday the target might be himself.

He shuddered at the thought of being shot in his own apartment while he was composing or asleep.

Besides, if he could somehow manage to extort rent from the hitman, he'd be able to pay the landlord.

"Do you have a place to stay at?" Jinyoung asked.

JB's eyes widened in surprise as she shook his head.

"I... can allow to stay at my apartment, but I have a few conditions." Jinyoung stated.

JB nodded for Jinyoung to carry on.

Licking his lips, Jinyoung continued to state his conditions.

"One, do not attack me or put me in immediate danger. I will allow you to use my apartment to spy or whatever. I don't want to have a target on me the next time I step out of the house."

JB sniggered but quietened down when Jinyoung glared at him.

"Two, this is a temporary set up but I'm going to need you to pay me rent if you want the amenities I can provide." Jinyoung continued, glancing over at the hitman to gauge his expression.

JB remained expressionless as he listened to Jinyoung.

"Three, the moment you kill someone, don't even think about stepping into my apartment. I hope that when that day comes, we never see each other again afterwards." Jinyoung finishes.

He felt his cheeks start to get hot as he realised how dramatic he must've sounded.

"How much is the rent?" JB asked, cocking his head to the side.

Jinyoung hadn't thought of it yet.

"Um... $300?" He stammered.

JB barked a laugh, "You've obviously never had a roommate or charged someone rent."

"If you let me off for not washing the dishes sometimes then I'll be willing to pay $5,000 a month." JB stated, crossing his legs.

"Oh. Great. Then we have a deal?" Jinyoung extended his hand out to JB, uncertain.

JB smiled in amusement, "Yes, we have a deal." Reaching out to shake Jinyoung's hand.

Sleeping arrangements was something Jinyoung hadn't thought about

To his relief, JB suggested to take the couch in the living room for the time being until they could figure something out.

Begrudgingly, Jinyoung gave JB a blanket that he had spent 10 minutes digging through his closet to find.

It infuriated Jinyoung to see JB smirk and take the blanket from him without even a 'thank you'.

Feeling tired and pissed off, Jinyoung decided to return to the safety of his own bedroom instead of risk anything arguing with the hitman.

He made sure to lock his bedroom door firmly even though he knew that JB probably had his own ways of getting in if he wanted to.

Not that Jinyoung wanted JB to enter his bedroom at all. In any sense.

With heated cheeks, Jinyoung climbed into bed alone and blacked out from pure exhaustion.

a/n:the attached photo at the beginning of this chapter is how Jinyoung looks in this fic!!

a/n:
the attached photo at the beginning of this chapter is how Jinyoung looks in this fic!!

AIM FOR THE HEART
CHAPTER FOUR
COMPLETE