07

The trip to the police station had proved to be futile after all.

Jinyoung was staring down the police officer, pursing his lips as he did so. The officer was explaining to him for the third time that it would be hard for his belongings to ever return to its rightful owner while remarking that it was kind of Jinyoung's fault for losing them in the first place.

By the time the whole procedure is over, Jinyoung was ready to kiss the asphalt of the road outside after being stuck in the stuffy police station for three hours.

It was a miracle that Jinyoung's ears still remained attached to his head. He had thought his ears were going to fall off after being on the receiving end of all that "boomer" talk.

He sighed heavily, casting a long glance to the sky. If JB kept to his promise of paying rent, then Jinyoung should be able to save up enough money by next year for a new laptop.

Jinyoung didn't feel as devastated about his songs getting stolen anymore. If the thief wanted it, they could have it. It's not like it was Jinyoung's best work anyway. Unconsciously, his bottom lip jutted out as he felt a twinge of sadness.

Jinyoung sulked the entire way to the bus stop.

This path that he chose to take, against his parents' wishes, was proving to be harder and harder every time Jinyoung thinks he has already crossed the last hurdle.

Jinyoung's phone vibrated in his pocket and he hurried to answer it, assuming that the unsaved contact was from a producer reaching out to him.

"Can you buy strawberry yoghurt drinks on the way home?"

Jinyoung snorted inelegantly into the phone.

"How'd you get my number?" He asked.

"I have my ways." Came JB's teasing tone of voice.

Jinyoung could envision JB smirking in his head as he spoke.

"Hm. Go get your yoghurt drink yourself, I'm going to meet a friend and I won't be back until after dinner," Jinyoung told the hitman.

That was a lie.

Jinyoung did not have any plans but he didn't feel like going home and inevitably having to sit at his desk for hours as he waited for inspiration to hit him.

JB groaned on the other end of the phone, "Fine. Then I'll be going out as well."

Jinyoung had to suppress his laugh that threatened to spill from his lips when he heard the hitman grumble in complaint.

"If you promise to make breakfast again tomorrow I might consider buying it," Jinyoung said, hoping that JB would take the bait.

There was a moment of silence and Jinyoung wondered if JB had left the apartment without his phone.

"Okay." The hitman agreed without much resistance.

A satisfied grin spread across Jinyoung's lips as he hummed his approval at JB's obedience.

"See you tonight."

"See you."

Jinyoung ended the call and smiled at his screen. His previous bad mood had gotten better after one call with the hitman.

Jinyoung shoved his phone back into his pocket, humming a nameless tune to himself as he waited for a bus to arrive.

One of Jinyoung's hobbies was to get on 'circuit-route' buses and get off whenever he felt like it. Afterwards, he'd walk around the area and maybe find a cafe to chill at while he tried to figure out how to get back home.