11

a/n: *WINK WINK*

"Do I have something on my face?"

The deep timbre of Jinyoung's voice shook the hitman out of his trance. He blinked rapidly, cringing as he tried to rid his minds of intrusive thoughts featuring the man before him.

JB cleared his throat and answered, "I'm fine."

Jinyoung narrowed his eyes at him and raised an eyebrow, displaying his suspicion towards JB's statement.

JB sighed then shrugged, "I was just thinking about how you kind of look like a country bumpkin," He joked, a playful smirk on his lips.

The look on Jinyoung's face immediately changed to one of utter shock as he gaped at the hitman, brows furrowed together in irritation.

"Excuse you, but I'm a modern man." Jinyoung sassed, his mouth twitched as he fought back his laugh.

JB shrugged and took the bag of strawberries from Jinyoung.

"If you're done we can head back now, the heat's killing me." He said.

Jinyoung, visibly annoyed that the hitman hadn't responded to his splendid attempt at a joke, nodded curtly.

"Fine. Let's go home."

JB turned his back on a disgruntled Jinyoung and began walking, grinning widely knowing that the younger couldn't see.

"Ugh

"Ugh... I'm going to take a nap after I shower," Jinyoung sighed, collapsing onto the couch with a flop.

JB was quiet as he unpacked whatever they bought into the refrigerator, only the sound of rustling could be heard as Jinyoung eyed the man watchfully.

The hitman rose from his crouched position from the floor, a hand on his lower back.

Jinyoung was quick to notice the grimace on the hitman's face and he wondered if sleeping on the couch for several nights had caused back problems for the hitman.

Guilt immediately set in and Jinyoung swallowed nervously before getting up and approaching JB.

"Hey, is your back alright?" He asked tentatively, hovering by the threshold of the kitchen.

JB raised an eyebrow, shooting him a questioning look.

"Yeah, why'd you ask?"

"The couch isn't the most comfortable place to sleep and I'm really sorry for not being able to provide you with a proper bed," Jinyoung explained, tapping his fingers against the wall nervously as he spoke.

JB hummed lowly, a wry smile making its way onto his face.

"If you're feeling guilty why don't you let me sleep in your bed then?"

"W-what? I... I don't- Wait, I..." He spluttered as his vision began to blur.

Heat rose to his cheeks and Jinyoung clamped his mouth shut afraid of embarrassing himself further.

"I was just joking," JB laughed, reaching out to give Jinyoung's shoulder a friendly squeeze.

Jinyoung kept his gaze on the floor as he spoke, "No, I owe you at least this much."

"Please sleep with me tonight."

Realizing the hidden innuendo in his words, Jinyoung bolted from the kitchen and into his room without a second to spare.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck- Why the fuck did I say that!?" He groaned as he slammed the door behind him.

Jinyoung slid down to the floor, his back against the door as he hit his head against his balled-up fists repeatedly.

"How am I going to face him now..." He mumbled.

It took a long while but Jinyoung finally emerged from his room, his clothes, and towel in hand

It took a long while but Jinyoung finally emerged from his room, his clothes, and towel in hand. He slipped into the bathroom quickly hoping to minimize his interactions with the hitman.

As soon as Jinyoung entered the bathroom, the refreshing scent of the soap JB used hit his senses. The hitman must've just gotten out from the shower then.

Jinyoung had his eyes glued to the floor just before so he hadn't been able to catch a glimpse of the hitman at all.

"Even his soap smells good," Jinyoung muttered to himself as he hung up his towel and began to strip himself of his clothes.

The shirt that he'd been wearing carried the scent of his cologne and sweat as well as a hint of something musky that he couldn't identify.

Fully naked, Jinyoung stepped into the shower and reached for the shower knob just as the door to the bathroom swung wide open.

Jinyoung stood frozen in place as he stared at JB in shock.

The hitman too, was extremely still as he stared back, his eyes the biggest Jinyoung had ever seen as they practically bugged out of his skull.

Although his privacy had just been invaded, Jinyoung's gaze dropped from JB's handsome face to his bare torso.

Returning his gaze back to the hitman's face, Jinyoung stumbled backward, almost hitting his head against the wall when he realized the hitman was fully staring at 'him'.

"Get out."

"Sorry."

They both said at the same time and the hitman shut the door, slamming it so hard that the sound reverberated in the bathroom.

a shorter update than usual but i'd rather post this now than have y'all wait longer aha

hope you all are well