06

Jinyoung's face felt hot.

He knew his ears turned red whenever he was embarrassed but this was the first time someone had made him so flustered he could feel himself blushing madly.

'What the hell? I'm a grown man and I'm blushing because of something stupid this guy said?' He thought as he tried to play it cool by leaning back into his chair.

Jinyoung stared at the hitman for a moment, processing his thoughts. There was no way JB couldn't notice how red Jinyoung's face was.

"Is there any problem?" JB asked, innocence written all over his face. His eyes were wide like a puppy's and his lips formed a small pout as he waited for Jinyoung's reply.

Jinyoung's mind flooded with expletives as he watched JB but tried his best to remain calm and answer the hitman.

"Your last request... It's weird." Jinyoung stated simply, eyes darting away.

JB crossed his arms and hummed as he thought about what Jinyoung said.

"How so? In my line of work I cannot form any attachments because it can affect me badly." JB explained, a hint of smugness sneaking into his expression.

Jinyoung narrowed his eyes at the hitman but stayed quiet as he weighed his options.

Jinyoung was totally fine with going to the farmer's market since he had always wanted to go but never could find the motivation to go all the way to the place, instead, he settled for the convenience mart down the road.

He was also satisfied that he could at least trust the hitman with his safety.

But falling in love with the hitman? Or rather, the lack thereof, that annoyed Jinyoung.

Who does this guy think he is? He may be attractive but that didn't mean that Jinyoung would start crushing on him.

"No wonder you're getting wrinkles," JB drawled out, "Stop frowning like that." He said, pointing at the crease between Jinyoung's eyebrows.

Jinyoung frowned even more.

JB shook his head and sighed, "So will you agree to my terms?" He asked as he stared down Jinyoung.

Once again, the intensity of the hitman's gaze made Jinyoung's gut churn as he nodded mutely, not trusting his tongue to not fumble when he spoke.

"That's a good boy," JB commented, grinning widely like a cat who just ate the canary.

"Going somewhere?" JB asked, spotting Jinyoung putting on his shoes

"Yes, I'm going to the police station," Jinyoung replied, not realising how the hitman might have misunderstood.

In a blink of an eye, JB was blocking Jinyoung's way and he was holding onto Jinyoung's wrist tightly.

"Ow!" Jinyoung yelped in surprise as the vice-like grip clamped down on his wrist. "Calm down, I'm not going to report you. Someone stole my stuff yesterday," Jinyoung explained with a huff.

The tension that was painfully evident in the hitman dissipated as quickly as it appeared.

"Sorry," JB muttered, letting go of Jinyoung's wrist immediately.

Jinyoung rubbed at his skin which had turned red, continuing to direct his death glare at the hitman.

JB rubbed at the back of his head guiltily as he slinked back to the couch he had made into his bed.

"I'll be back soon," Jinyoung called out as he left his apartment. The unfamiliar words from his mouth made him cringe but left a refreshingly warm feeling in his chest.

"See you soon." Jinyoung heard the hitman call out after he closed the door.

a short filler chapter fuelled by the tidal wave of jjp content recently lmaoim just gonna leave this here:

im just gonna leave this here:

a short filler chapter fuelled by the tidal wave of jjp content recently lmaoim just gonna leave this here:

AIM FOR THE HEART
CHAPTER SIX
COMPLETE