10

Jinyoung took a deep breath and held it, taking a step back from the irresistible hitman.

His heart was pounding in his chest and his head spun from the revelation that he might be in love with a very dangerous man who broke into his apartment.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I'm just gonna go... buy coffee," Jinyoung finished lamely, stepping away to join the queue for coffee, leaving the puzzled hitman behind.

Jinyoung gave a tight smile to the hitman who had returned to his seat but still kept a watchful eye on him.

"Jeez, stop staring," Jinyoung muttered, averting his gaze. Instead, he focused on the young girl who was going to take his order.

"I'll have two iced lattes please," Jinyoung said, holding up two fingers.

The girl nodded and tapped the monitor a few times before telling him the price.

Jinyoung paid for the coffee and took the number tag, and walked towards the table where JB was seated, looking quite angry.

"Are you okay?" Jinyoung asked hesitantly as he sat down opposite the hitman.

"Yes." Came his curt reply.

Jinyoung pouted at the hitman's cold response, folding his arms.

What a weirdo.

Why is he mad?

Jinyoung was deep in thought about JB's strange behavior, barely registering the now-familiar burning gaze from the hitman.

Their coffee arrived at their table a few minutes later and Jinyoung was still sulking. The pout on his face becoming more prominent as he continued to ignore JB.

The two of them quietly sipped on their iced lattes, neither of them making an attempt to ease the tension between them.

Meekly, Jinyoung raised his eyes, checking if the hitman still had that murderous expression on his face.

He was surprised to find the hitman with reddened cheeks and pouty lips, looking downwards dejectedly like a lost kitten.

Jinyoung felt all negativity dissipate from his being almost instantaneously.

Why was he pouting? This was so unfair.

"That's not fair..." Jinyoung mumbled, his eyes trained on JB's bottom lip.

"Hmm?" JB looked up to meet Jinyoung's gaze, his head tilted to the side as he looked at Jinyoung questioningly.

Surprised at being caught in the act, Jinyoung shook his head rapidly.

"It's nothing!" He blurted out, turning away to hide his face.

Jinyoung kept his gaze averted as he finished his coffee, he bounced his leg nervously hoping that JB wouldn't call him out on his strange behavior.

"If you're done, let's go," JB said to him.

Jinyoung nodded and stood up, the sound of their chairs scraping the floors filled his ears.

"Wait."

Jinyoung's eyes were almost bugging out of his head when he saw that the hitman had reached out to grab his hand.

Almost as if in a trance, Jinyoung could only follow after the hitman with his hand tightly in JB's grasp.

It was a pleasant experience to be able to appreciate the hitman from behind as he leads the way out of the cafe and to the farmers' market. Except, this time, they walked hand in hand.