08

"Have a safe trip home," Jinyoung said to Yugyeom just as the bus rolled to a stop.

"Thank you so much for your help, hyung!" Yugyeom gushed while grinning brightly. The boy's eyes shone with genuine appreciation and Jinyoung couldn't help but smile back.

"If you ever need anything just call me!" Yugyeom said, pushing a tiny rectangular piece of paper into Jinyoung's hands before he hurriedly got off the bus.

Jinyoung looked down at the piece of paper quizzically then looked back up just in time to wave goodbye to Yugyeom as the bus started off again.

"What kind of 17 year old has a business card?" Jinyoung wondered out loud. There was practically no one on the bus anyways.

Kim Yugyeom.

Dandelion Entertainment.

There was nothing else on the card save for the logo of 'Dandelion Entertainment' as well as Yugyeom's number.

Jinyoung wondered if he had actually just met an innocent teenager, not a baby-faced con artist.

He checked the time and swore quietly under his breath. Jinyoung hadn't realised how late it was and hoped that the supermarket would still be open when he reached the area he lived in.

He hadn't forgotten his promise to the hitman after all.

"I'm home," Jinyoung called out as soon as he opened the door of his apartment

It was the first time in a very long time that he had come home to his apartment brightly lit and the smell of home-cooked food wafted through the air.

"Did you get it?" JB asked, popping up so suddenly that Jinyoung flinched.

"Yeah, of course, I did," Jinyoung replied tersely, holding up the bags full of groceries.

JB smiled in appreciation and turned his back on Jinyoung and walked away, not offering to help carry anything.

Jinyoung huffed and narrowed his eyes at the hitman's retreating figure, the outline of a petty revenge plan already forming in his head.

"Is there anything left for me?" Jinyoung asked as he carried the groceries into the kitchen.

"Yeah, there's some left," JB answered with his mouth full, pointing at the wok that sat the stove.

Jinyoung raised his eyebrows in surprise, he had completely forgotten that he owned a wok.

The hitman, JB, watched Jinyoung like a hawk while he packed the groceries into the refrigerator.

The heavy gaze boring down on him was starting to rub on Jinyoung's nerves and he suppressed a harsh remark in favour of not ruining the good relationship he had with the hitman so far.

"How was your day?" Jinyoung asked, hoping for a civil conversation with the hitman.

With an audible smack of his lips, JB replied, "Good, how was your day with the big boys in blue?"

Jinyoung huffed amusedly, "Terrible. They were of absolutely no help to me." He said as he closed the refrigerator door.

Jinyoung spared a hesitant glance at JB who was staring into the distance as he hummed a low reply.

His stomach grumbled as he rummaged his cupboard for a plate and some cutlery.

"I can help you with that," JB stated, the screeching of the chair against the floor notified Jinyoung that the hitman had stood up and was now hovering behind him. Just a hair's breadth away.

Jinyoung swallowed thickly as he tried to take his mind off the heat emanating from JB and instead focused on the fragrance of the food before him.

"It's not that hard actually," JB continued, "I bet I could get it back to you within a week or less."

Jinyoung raised an eyebrow at that, "Confident huh?" He commented, placing the spoon into his mouth as he shuffled over to the dinner table.

"Yes, also you're washing these," JB said, pointing to the sink.

Jinyoung sighed through his nose but nodded, scooping a generous mouthful of food into his mouth.

Jinyoung managed to catch the sly smirk on JB's face just as the hitman turned away and walked out of the kitchen, whistling to himself.

Jinyoung had thought the hitman was going to leave him alone for the rest of the night but surprisingly, JB returned with his laptop and plopped the device down opposite of Jinyoung.

Having already occupied the single chair, JB bent his knees into a half-squat position and began typing away furiously.

Jinyoung slowed his chewing as he watched JB with curious eyes. Confusion plagued him but Jinyoung was more than enraptured by the slight furrow between JB's eyebrows and the slip of a pink tongue peeking out as JB worked on whatever he was doing.

"You lost your laptop at the Starbucks by this road right?" JB asked, shifting the laptop so that Jinyoung could see.

Jinyoung choked on his food, his gaze darting away, the moment JB looked up from the laptop and met Jinyoung's eyes.

"Y-yeah." Jinyoung choked out, hitting his chest repeatedly as he coughed. He hadn't prepared himself for the intensity of the hitman's returning gaze and ended up swallowing his food, half-chewed.

JB didn't seem to notice anything wrong and shifted the laptop back so that he could continue while Jinyoung continued his coughing fit.

JB continued to work on his laptop, crouched in that uncomfortable position as Jinyoung ate faster as he felt guilty for not having another chair for the hitman.

"Aha!" JB exclaimed suddenly. His eyes were shaped into happy crescents as he smirked at the laptop screen.

"What is it?" Jinyoung asked, finishing the last of his food.

"I found the thief."

im back! also please do check out my other jjp fic aha

im back!
also please do check out my other jjp fic aha