05

The next morning, Jinyoung awoke to the smell of food coming from outside his bedroom.

Blearily, he got up and rubbed at his eyes wondering if someone had broken into his house to cook breakfast for him.

At the thought of a break-in, Jinyoung froze as memories of what happened the night before flooded his brain.

"Ah... I forgot," Jinyoung sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

As much as Jinyoung wanted to stay in his bed all day, he was extremely hungry and the aroma was starting to make Jinyoung salivate. He hoped that the hitman had made enough food for both of them.

Jinyoung reached for his phone by the nightstand to check if he received any messages and sure enough, he got nothing except for a text from the police station asking him to go down to the police station to make another statement.

Feeling annoyed that he had to go down to the police station, Jinyoung decided not to bother with taming his messy hair and exited his bedroom and followed the scent of breakfast.

"Morning." JB greeted him without looking up from the frying pan at all.

"Morning." Jinyoung croaked. He cursed himself mentally for not clearing his throat before speaking, he probably sounded like absolute shit.

Digging his nails into his palms, Jinyoung turned on his heels and headed for the bathroom to freshen up.

When he returned a few minutes later, the tiny table in his kitchen had been set and there were 2 plates of toast and eggs.

"Wow," Jinyoung commented, he looked to the chef and gave him a thumbs up.

JB grinned back and crossed his arms confidently, "I'm a man of many talents." he stated.

Jinyoung suppressed a laugh and took a seat before realising that he only had one chair.

Coughing awkwardly, he got up again and moved away.

"Sit there, I'll get another chair." He more or less shoved JB onto the wooden chair and went to grab the only other chair in his house which was the one he sat in the longest.

He wheeled the office chair from his desk in the living room into the kitchen and set it opposite JB.

Jinyoung glared at the hitman when he heard him snicker. "Don't laugh, I don't have any more chairs." He said, grumpily.

Finally, Jinyoung sat down as he looked forward to scarfing down the breakfast JB made.

"Thank you for the food," Jinyoung said before taking a big bite.

JB smirked as he watched Jinyoung eat like it was his last meal.

"Aren't you afraid that I've poisoned your food?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

Jinyoung choked on his food as the thought of JB poisoning his food hadn't even crossed his mind.

"Did you?" Jinyoung asked as he continued his coughing fit.

"Nope," JB replied with a grin.

Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

"Let's set some ground rules first, " Jinyoung stated once he had finished his breakfast

JB nodded along, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I'll get you a mattress soon but I'm not comfortable sharing my bedroom with someone I barely know who could potentially endanger my life." Jinyoung explained, his eyes piercing.

JB scoffed and leaned back on the chair, crossing his arms.

"The couch is fine, I've slept in worse places. Just get on with whatever rules you want to set, " JB said drily.

Jinyoung was mildly surprised at the lack of defiance from JB but continued on, "First, don't ever enter my bedroom. Second, don't touch my instruments or my computer. And lastly, please stash your weapons somewhere else and not in my home."

It was difficult for Jinyoung to gauge JB's reaction to the ground rules he had set as the hitman was expressionless and remained so for more than a minute.

"Okay."

Jinyoung blinked rapidly, stunned by the response.

"What?" JB questioned, "Anyways, it's my turn to set some rules."

Jinyoung nodded, "Sure, go on."

A brief glint of mischief appeared in JB's eyes but it quickly disappeared as he started to speak.

"First, Park Jinyoung has to comply with whatever I say in the case of possible danger." JB paused for a moment as he eyed Jinyoung.

"Second, Park Jinyoung has to accompany me to the farmer's market every Sunday morning... Unless he has any prior engagements." JB stated after catching the change in Jinyoung's mood.

Jinyoung narrowed his eyes at JB, he would've preferred if the both of them weren't seen together as much as possible, although the idea of finally visiting the farmer's market excited him.

"Lastly, starting from now until the end of our arrangement. Park Jinyoung should not fall in love with me."

a/n: GOT7 really gave us three no skips albums this year huh

also... i'm here to promote another fic that i started writing :))

'hellhound' is a 2jae supernatural au fanfic where jaebeom is a hellhound and youngjae's soul is to be collected by jaebeom. except that i made jaebeom's dog allergy more severe lmao

please do check it out and comment what you think!

thank you for reading up to here!

AIM FOR THE HEART CHAPTER FIVECOMPLETE

AIM FOR THE HEART
CHAPTER FIVE
COMPLETE