Whumptober- Now Where Did That Come From?

Now Where Did That Come From?

Possession, magical healing, science gone wrong

Sometimes the team forgot just how dangerous Robin was.

He was thirteen, chipper, could be serious and chose not to be, he could look after himself, sure, but it was because of that they didn't pay attention. They didn't watch the kicks and punches and perfected martial arts, the flips and spins, the throwing of batarangs with perfect precision, they didn't see the shift between his carefree remarks and his utter focus.

Besides, he was on their side. Why would they need to pay attention?

They were paying for that now.

Kaldur got the call at about five in the afternoon. The live-in members of the team were present, beginning to decide on the plans for the night; dinner, activities, whether they'd be secluding themselves in their rooms for the evening out of teenaged boredom, the like. Batman seemed as stony as ever, but he delivered rather worrisome news.

The injustice league had attacked, or at least a portion of them. The absent members place had been filled by a few other Gotham crazies who'd broken out of Arkham. Scarecrow had been present. Batman and Robin had finished apprehending those present, but Scarecrow managed to break free for a moment and attempted to use his fear gas on someone. A civilian or a cop, who knows. Robin jumped in the way.

'Of course he did,' was Kaldur's first thought. Sure, it was instinct to protect people, but of course Robin would jump in the way. In the uniform or not, it was his nature.

His second thought was, 'why is Batman telling me this?'

He voice the second thought only.

It was not long after that the zeta tubes lit up. He didn't even have a chance to warn the team, he bolted out into the main room.

Robin was hunched slightly, staring at nothing.

"Robin?" M'Gann asked, confused as she stood form the couch, "are you okay?"

Kaldur had managed to get there by then, he stood between the team and Robin, "Batman called, he is under the influence of fear toxin."

"what?" Conner asked. M'Gann was just as confused.

"what is-"

Robin lurched, a batarang flying through the air. Kaldur dodged it at the last second, it flew by his ear.

And it distracted him.

The next thing he knew, Robin was on him. moving faster than he thought possible, hits flying, no punches pulled. A hit landed to a spot under his arm before he could defend himself and his muscles screamed. He stumbled back, one hand grabbing a water bearer, the other limp.

Conner rushed forward to get between them, M'Gann announced that she'd call the league for backup.

"Robin, what are you doing?" Conner asked, frowning at his friend. He clearly did not want to harm him, "stand down."

Robin cocked his head, seeming to re-evaluate the fight. he circled, Conner stood in front of Kaldur, a human shield.

Robin dropped a smoke bomb, disappearing into the fog. Conner tried looking for a heat signature but he moved too quick. He was gone before Conner could spot him. he didn't care, he needed to prioritise Kaldur, he seemed injured.

"are you okay?" he asked, looking at Kaldur, "what happened to your arm?"

"I think he attacked a muscle or nerve," Kaldur explained, "it is numb, but it is passing."