Doctor West and the idiot

A/N okay, okay, did you really think after like a year I'd drop 300 words on you guys and leave? no!

I have like three long-running chaptered fics going on, so i haven't been able to write any one-shots and stuff. there was something i was writing, just a three or four chaptered thing, but it's ended up longer. 

but anyway, here's the last bit of short writing sprints, I can't make any promises of when you'll next get something in this book.

if you want more of my writing in the Young Justice area, you can check out Shadow or Off The Deep End. i also have a How To Train Your Dragon fic called When In Rome.

see you round!

"Doctor West?"

"Hm?" Wally turned, glasses slightly askew, to the door of his room, where Nurse Morse poked her head in.

"you're four O'clock is here."

Wally's shoulders drooped as he sighed, "send him in."

She nodded and popped down the hallway. Wally shifted some paperwork out of the way and closed some windows on his computer. In walked his most regular patient.

"Doctor West," he smiled, right arm in a sling, "how are you today?"

"wondering what the story is this time," Wally crossed his arms with a disappointed shake of his head.

Dick shrugged with a laugh, "ah, you know, staircase, younger brothers, dog, stuff happens."

"stuff happens a lot, to you at least," Wally said, with a raise of his brow.

Dick just shrugged, "makes for good stories."

"mmm." Wally checked the records, "it says here hairline fractures in a few fingers and twisted wrist, with a dislocated elbow. You've been prescribed medication?"

"yep."

"no side effects so far?"

"nah," he smiled, "I'm not allergic to much."

Wally nodded as he scrolled through the record, "and your physio activities?"

"are way too easy, surely there's more I should be doing? Or can be doing?" Dick leaned forward in the chair.

"the activities are curtailed to your injury, keep to the schedule and you should be back to normal in about a month."

"right, so if I do more strenuous activities will I be back to normal in two weeks?"

"no."

"but-"

"no." Wally wouldn't budge, "you'll injure yourself further. If you dislike dealing with injuries, I would suggest not getting as many."

Dick laughed, "oh, you have no idea how impossible that is."

"yes, well," Wally rolled back from the desk, fixing his glasses, "let's have a look."

Wally helped him get the sling off, Dick saying it was fine and he could handle it, Wally assuring he shouldn't be putting too much stress on the injuries.

Wally sat close and held Dick's hand, applying small bits of pressure here and there.

"can you move your fingers?"

Dick raised an unimpressed eyebrow as he wriggled his fingers.

Wally took a pen from his desk, "can you held this?"