Whumptober- Such wow, many normal, very oops

A/N this exists in that absent heroes AU I did for 'Where do you think you're going'. Barbara is Batwoman, Dick is Nightwing, the family, sans Bruce and Alfred, doesn't know.

also, everyone except our resident vigilantes and ex-vigilantes spends this whole thing basically going 'what? what???? whaaaaattttt?????'

such wow, many normal, very oops

Accidents, hunting season, mugged

Bruce smiled at the waiters and staff of the restaurant, flashing the well-known Wayne grin. He ordered food and made sure everything was in line. He had booked out a room for the night.

"so, what was wrong with having this at the manor?" Damian asked, analysing the chairs as if he was looking for the best one to sit in.

"this way we don't have to worry about catering," Bruce explained, taking a seat. "Alfred wanted a break."

"that would be an understatement," Alfred said, walking in, "Miss Brown and Master Tim just arrived. I called Jason, he's on his way."

Cas smiled, sitting on Bruce's left, "Barbara?" she signed.

"on her way as well," Alfred said.

Bruce took out the shoebox he'd placed on the floor beneath the table, "good, now phones in the box."

Damian groaned and Cass pouted, but they both put their phones in with Bruce's, Tim and Steph walked in and their phones joined.

"arriving together? And you didn't even bite each other's heads off," Damian smirked.

"thankfully. I'd rather not clean that up," Alfred said.

Jason arrived soon after, all of them sitting down together at the table, drinks being brought to them to start the evening. They weren't dressed fancy per se, more so comfortably. Bruce was in a suit purely because he lived in suits these days. But Damian was wearing a button up shirt and jeans. Tim and Steph in casual clothes, having merely showered and got dressed after their lectures at college. Jason had at least decided to throw on a leather jacket to keep up the bad boy aesthetic he loved so much, but everyone at the table knew it was a façade.

"you know, we should do this more often," Steph said, "I miss having family dinners where we get to go home and not care about anything."

"Really? And you didn't even do the dishes," Alfred mused, smiling.

"uh, we have two more?" a waiter asked, entering the room.

Bruce nodded and the waiter went to let them in.

"wait, two?" Jay frowned, twisting in his chair to look at the door.

And in walked Barbara. And Dick.

"evening all," Barbara smiled, wearing a dress shirt and black slacks with boots, a strange mix that somehow worked perfectly on her.

Meanwhile, everyone was gaping at Dick.

"you made it?" Bruce grinned.

"barely," he said, an awkward laugh fighting to break out.

Damian leaped up to hug him, Tim offered a fist bump as he sat down, Jason provided a judgemental eyebrow raise.

"sorry I haven't been around, been busy," Dick said sheepishly.

"yeah?" Jason smirked, "got a story?"