this is gonna sound insane

(This one is a universe without the superhero stuff and Dick and Wally are a bit older)

Wally stumbled and caught himself, the books in his arms sliding haphazardly. The car parking lot's bitumen was smooth, wet and slippery under his feet and he hoped he wouldn't end up ass over head with his books destroyed- he needed every single one of them to study for his exam next week. The college campus rose up behind him, bright against the dark night with kids hurriedly studying for upcoming examinations and assignments.

Wally half walked half jogged to his car and balanced his books on top of its top, then fumbled in his pockets for his keys.

"hey."

Wally whipped around at the voice. A dark-haired guy about an inch taller than him stood in front of him, black leather jacket and blue shirt giving him the clear hot cool American rom-com movie guy look, but it did bring out his eyes.

"hi." Wally leant against his car, trying to look cool and like he was definitely not checking out this total stranger.

"look, this is gonna sound insane, but my ex is walking past, and I kinda fooled him into thinking I had a boyfriend, and basically I need you to make out with me right now."

"excuse me what?" Wally asked, trying to find this guys ex who he guessed was the guy leaning on a street light at the edge of the parking lot smoking.

"make out with me, please." The guy reiterated.

"I don't even know you." Wally stated, although his sleep-deprived and coffee fuelled brain was urging him to take the offer- an urging he wanted to shut up.

"Richard Grayson, and you are?" he said, a dazzling smile plastering his face. Out of the corner of Wally's eye he saw the guy at the edge of the parking lot crush his cigarette under his boot and make what could have been I contact with Richard, but mister Blue Shirt wasn't paying attention to him.

"Wally West. Nice to meet you. Why do you need to make out with me again?"

"my ex is gonna come over here and he thinks I'm dating a guy and that I was meeting him at our College tonight after study time, so I couldn't go out with him and his friends tonight- but by the looks of things he was suspicious and followed me here, so..." Richard re-explained.

Wally's brain tried to catch up and eventually managed to, cigarette-man was half-way across the parking lot and Wally could make out a very cock-sure smirk that very clearly screamed that he had caught his ex red handed.

And still that voice in his head was quietly whispering 'do it, do it, do it, do it.' Wally quickly ran through everything about the situation, and still his mind was saying 'do it, do it, do it' which was followed with 'nothing to lose, hot guy, single you, do it, do it.'

"oh for- I've got nothing better to do." Wally grabbed Richard by the front of his shirt and shoved him against his car.

Half-way across the parking lot cigarette-boy rolled his eyes and scoffed, turning away in annoyance- realising that his ex must have been telling the truth and he wouldn't be getting any gossip from him that night.

Eventually Wally and Richard broke apart, the former's hair wild and the latter's shirt askew.

"thanks for that." Richard cleared his throat, running his fingers through his hair.

"can I get your number?"

Richard grinned.

Richard fell back on his bed with a sigh.

"So, I'm gonna guess that it worked?"

"yep," Richard answered, "I'm goin' over to his house this weekend to get to know him better, I'm lookin' forward to it."

"I can't believe it worked..." Jason sat down on the living room couch, beer in hand, Richard could see him through his open bedroom door, "I also can't believe you put me up to it."

"we had a deal little bro, you play the part to hook me up with the cute guy from criminology and I help hook you up with that other red-head- archer? Whatever..." Richard rolled over, getting ready for bed.

"Roy, and I know, I'm not backing out," Jason took a sip of the beer, "but you might wanna tell this guy it was an elaborate way of getting his number."

"yeah, I'll get there..." Richard yawned, "'night."

"night."