Whumptober- Is Something Burning?

A/N would you look at that, it's a part two to the last chapter, woooooo.

Is Something Burning?

Branding, Heat exhaustion, fire. 

"and you're sure it's him?" Canary asked, side eying the man sitting in the interrogation room through the two-way mirror.

"100%," Artemis said, "he even said it himself."

Canary blinked, "he... said it?"

Artemis nodded, sad, "he's... angry. Very. I don't think..." she swallowed down the lump in her throat, "I don't think he's in his right mind."

"he died and was brought back to life," Batman said, dead pan, "no one would be."

And then he turned and walked out of the room, appearing inside the interrogation room quickly.

Dick looked up when the door opened, finding Batman on the threshold.

He was a tiny bit surprised. He was expecting Martian Manhunter or Canary, maybe Super Man. Although he wasn't entirely unsurprised. He followed Bruce with his eyes as he walked in and sat down in front of him, the tiniest of smiles hinting at the corner of his mouth.

Batman seemed to be waiting for him to begin the conversation but Dick refused, watching Bruce quietly, well aware that he was the only person coming in to this conversation with a level head.

"do you know who I am?" Bruce asked. Dick snorted a laugh, teeth shining like fangs- or maybe Batman was imagining things, "I'll take that as a yes."

Dick let his confident façade slip on, a smirk taking over his mouth, "you thought my memory was wiped?"

"it was a theory."

"more like a hope," Dick said.

He caught the slightest hesitancy in Batman's movements. Bruce had made a mistake coming in here. If anyone knew how to read him it was Dick. Canary he could figure out, Manhunter would be difficult, Batman? all too easy.

"you are assisting Ra's Al Ghul," batman said, attempting to drop into the cold mask he'd created, had built around himself, "why?"

Dick shrugged with one shoulder, "why not?"

"he's the leader of the league of assassins," Batman said, with a tone that expressed how much he wanted to say 'duh'.

"point?" oh, Dick was enjoying this.

Batman clenched his jaw. he took a deep breath and hit a button on his glove. Dick heard, ever so slightly, the sound of metal sliding shut. The mirror looked no different, but Dick could guess that no one could see from the other side anymore.

"why are you doing this Dick?" Bruce asked, and it was Bruce asking it, not Batman. he was beginning to crumble, there was emotion in his voice.

Dick let his face drop, eyes turning dead, a glare lighting up and aimed at Bruce.

"are they black mailing you?" Bruce asked.

"go to hell," he said, leaning forward.

Bruce seemed genuinely shocked and hurt. He tried to steady himself, Dick swooped in before he could.

"you left me to die, Bruce," Dick said, voice colder than the steel of his knives, sharper than the blades that had cut into his skin on that night. What he said hit Bruce's heart harder than the crowbar had hit Dick's skull, "Joker had captured me, strung me up and made me bleed," Dick hissed through clenched teeth, "and you left me to die."