Whumptober- Where Do You Think You're Going?

A/N oops, I'm late. well, i did say i probably wouldn't do all of them.

this is an idea I've had for a while, called the absent heroes AU. exactly what it says on the tin. 

Where Do You Think You're Going?On the run, failed escape, rescue

"so," Barry Allen began, "how's the power of hindsight feel?"

The speedster was tied up securely, leg-to-leg, arm-to-torso, an inhibitor collar beeping around his neck. He was one of the lucky few, merely sitting down against the wall. Bruce was tied to the ceiling by his wrists, equally reinforced, feet to the ground, a collar on his neck as well. They all had them. Dinah was next to Barry in similar condition.

Bruce sighed, barely suppressing a groan, "I still wouldn't change my mind."

"dunno," Clark scowled, "I could really use a red cape at the moment."

He had regained his strength since he'd been exposed to the kryptonite, but the inhibitor collar was still a nuisance. His arms were cuffed above his head to the wall but his feet had been left.

"or a hood," Oliver said in much the same manner, staring at the cuffs around his wrists, feet chained to the ground, "god, my castle for a lockpick."

Diana snickered, hung up just like Bruce, the two back-to-back, "you could always break your thumb."

"no, these cuffs are special-made, too tight," Bruce said, as if Diana had been serious.

"which means these people really thought this out," Dinah said, "although the kryptonite and the inhibitor collars also suggested that."

"but how do they know who we are?" Barry frowned, "we haven't been active for years."

"it is troubling," Bruce said, "how could they know?"

"well, this isn't all of us," Barry said, "maybe some of the old class is-"

"a traitor?" Dinah asked, "none of us would turn the others in."

"I was going to say also captured," Barry said.

"right, okay," Dinah said, leaning back. 'sorry' was also intended by the tone of her voice, but she wasn't much for that word.

"well," Clark grinned, "we could always wait around for Flash junior to show up."

"that is not a real speedster," Barry scowled, "I've done the research, there's no more of us."

"what happened to being retired?" Diana snickered.

"what, random dude starts running around my city, in my colours? And you expect me to not investigate?"

"hey, Brucie probably didn't-"

"I did."

"seriously?" Clark sighed, "see, this is what I meant, fifteen years ago, when I said you'd never hang up the cape."

"I have," Bruce grunted, "I just... did some digging."

"so do you know who he is?" Dinah asked, "Nightwing, I mean."

"no," Bruce said, with enough frustration that they could all tell he was unhappy with that fact, "if I was going to have any chance I would have to put the cape back on, I'm not willing to do that." The additional 'yet' went silent.