Whumptober- Please...

A/N and we're caught up, woooo!

so, i do have an idea for a longer running couple of chapters story that stems from this, but this is whumptober, i don't have time for long stories. 

also, someone commented on the 'running out of time' one, wondering about a sequel where Dick is being tortured, this is kind of that but not a sequel. i don't know what a sequel would entail, it'd be a week of standard issue reach testing and then the episode 'before the dawn', so I don't know if it's worth writing.

enjoy!

Please...

Get it out, no more, stop please

"I'm not going back."

The man was scowling, phone to his ear.

"no, Babs, it's ridiculous," he hissed, blue eyes shining with annoyance, "trust me, I'm taking the bus tonight, I'm staying in Bludhaven."

He leant against the metal pole that held up the bus shelter, a bag on his shoulders.

"look, I'll talk to you later, okay," he said. The bus wasn't there, it wouldn't be for another hour, he was just tired of arguing his case to the person on the other end of the line.

He hung up, stuffing the phone in his pocket with a huff. He looked about eighteen, maybe seventeen, tall and lean, black hair not having ben cut in a while, shaggy and drifting below his ears.

He didn't see them coming, he was busy staring at the street. This was how most of these captures went, nothing was out of the ordinary.

His phone vibrated and he pulled it out. He rolled his eyes at it, about to shove it back in his pocket-

When he saw a reflection in the screen.

He stiffened, turning to the behemoth behind him. a dark, terrifying monster leering down on him. it attacked, a punch aimed for the head, but the man dodged out of the way.

"stay still, meat," the monster said, voice archaic, "don't make this harder than it needs to be."

It wasn't much of a fight, every hit the man tried against the monster only managed to give him bruises. Eventually the monster grew bored and his arm became some kind of strange machine that shot a large staple at him that held his wrist down to the concrete.

He was knocked out, dragged away, shoved into a pod.

The problem was, The Reach had no idea who Dick Grayson was, or what his capture would set off.

Dick woke up to darkness.

The sound of computers beeping, a weird crackling in his ears, the hum of electricity was bouncing around the room.

He blinked, trying to orient himself, he was...

His hand twitched, it was restrained, tied down to the bench. He had a lockpick on him, but he wouldn't get it out till he knew what was going on and whether anyone was watching. He moved his feet, they were also tied down. He turned his head to look around, he met resistance, his head was tied.

Where was he? The last thing he remembered was...

Walking to the bus stop. he was leaving the manor and going to Bludhaven, fresh out of the latest fight with Bruce. He'd had a bag and his phone.

He'd seen something in the reflection of his screen.

He tried to remember. What had he seen? Where was he?