CHAPTER 25 - The Knight Who Sees All

"Is there anything of urgency?" You asked the Wizard King whom summoned you urgently. He smiled at you and gestured you to take a seat.

"Yes, You're well aware that you weren't chosen to be a Royal knight, correct?" He said as you nodded. From the way he's speaking, you know that something's up.

"Correct it is" you replied.

"Wrong" he said with a smile. You weren't expecting that all at so you grew interested.

"E-ehhh? What do you mean by that?" You exclaimed.

"Well you see, I chose you to be a Royal Knight but I'm giving you a task to protect this kingdom while most are away" The Wizard king stood up and looked outside the huge window.

"But Wizard King—"

"Call me Julius" he cutted your words off.

"Do you perhaps know what's going to happen, Julius?" You asked him, intrigued by this notion. It's not impossible since his magic is the feared time.

"The fact that you asked that means you know something is about to happen in the near future" he pointed out which was absolutely correct.

"But do not worry, I don't suspect you to be our enemy. In fact, I can rely on you since your ability is like no other" He said which made you appreciate yourself for once.

"Sensory magic was it? I would fan boy and make you demonstrate your magic but now is not the time" he continued.

"I can demonstrate" you offered which made him slightly taken aback. He nodded for approval and flicked his forehead.

You saw his death and also saw...

His child self?

You widen your eyes at what you saw and smiled in content. "It seems like you've got this handled, Julius" you commented.

"You can leave the rest to me" you saluted.

"I've got a lot of time in my hands. I'll return and it seems like it's going to be successful" he said, pertaining about his small revival plan .

"Today is the day where they infiltrate the Eye of the Midnight Sun's base. I recommend you visiting a certain Silver Haired Captain" Julius pointed out.

"Perhaps" you said in reply. Julius looked like he suddenly remembered something as he pulled something out from the drawer of his desk.

"What's this?" You asked as he handed you a purple robe with teal green color. You realized that it's similar to the Royal Knight's color scheme but the design is like the Wizard King's robe.

"I'm entitling you as the Highest Royal Knight. I know you won't disappoint me" He said as you wore the robe and saluted with confidence.

"I'll be going to see them off" you said and left quickly. You made your way to the Royal Knights and they were shocked to see your robe.

Mereoleona and Nozel where also taken aback by your appearance much less, they saw your robe that signifies that you were the most important member that Julius Novachrono was talking about.

"Lady (Y/n), you're the last member?" Noelle asked still engulfing the sight infront of all of them.

"Indeed I am but as you might know, I'm not coming with you" you replied which they nodded. You flicked Nozel's head which led everyone to go ecstatic.

You saw a figment of what will happen so you furrowed your eyebrows in worry. You firmly loomed at them and noticed that your aura changed.

"Listen. Once you've gone to the enemy's base, you'll be faced with not an enemy but an ally. I can't say any further but heighten your guard" you said, knowing very well that most of them will be converted into elves.

"Nozel, stay safe out there, keep an eye on Asta and Yuno. Both of them are essential." You told the man and nodded at Mereoleona.

"I'll be doing my own mission" you saluted and ran to pinpoint all the knights. You finally know your mission.

"If the Royal Knights got converted into elves then there's a high percentage that the Knights around Clover will also be converted... I myself might be converted so I must act soon" you said, rounding all the knights based on their mana.

"This must took place after The Wizard Kings Death... Perhaps... William." You said as you might have the chance to stop this from happening.

•••

"Yami?" You asked the Captain of the Black Bulls. You furrowed your eyebrows. You don't see William Vangeance entertaining Yami's visit so that only mean one thing.

"I'm too late" you exclaimed and felt a surge of mana. You were quick on your feet and travelled on your broom. You can feel Yami's presence following your trails.

"Oi, Nozel Whisperer, what do you know" he asked you seriously as you tightened your hands around the broom.

"Julius... Death... Elves... " You told in fragments. You activated your magic to increase your speed and agility.

But it was to no avail, Julius was already stabbed. You looked at William Vangeance's inner elf as he took the stones. He left immediately as you looked at Julius.

"Julius, I'm sorry. I'll be finishing my mission" you saluted, pained to leave him like that but also relieved that you know he's going to be safe.

"Have you no emotion other than sense of responsibility, Nozel Whisperer" Yami asked , clearly agitated.

"It's alright Yami, she has something in plan so I need you to trust her" the dying Julius said as you left the scene.

"In a few minutes, the elves will start to manifest" you estimated and clapped your hands to activate the already casted magic.

While you were rounding the Knights, you already casted a strong restraint spell on them that you can activate at any time.

"Ofcourse I'll miss a few and maybe get some wrong—" you felt something awakening in you.

"No... Don't tell me..." You said as you fought a sudden feeling of lightness.

"I have an elf too.." you furrowed your eyebrows.

"No, not yet... Atleast give me a few minutes" you tried to hold it off while restraining every elf you saw in a flash.

This time is the perfect time to restrain them since their still awakening, meaning, they're half conscious.

"But I myself will soon be taken over. I guess, there's only one thing to do" you said , sealing away your powers on your curse from yourself.

"Asmodeus. I have a favour" you called out as you hear him cackle on your head.

'I'm honored' he said as the control over your body loosened. Your inner elf broke free and finally had the control.

"What's this...? I can't access my magic" your elf asked in confusion and sighed. It seems like her human counterpart was as smart as her elf.