CHAPTER 2 - Being a Silva

"So what do you usually do as captain?" You sparked a conversation with the icy man who was evidently focusing on his work. Earlier, you were late for the squad gathering and humiliated yourself which made Nozel annoyed. Nonetheless, you were introduced to be the newest member aswell as a future Silva.

"Work" was his small response towards you. You pouted and sighed, he was really difficult to be around since his always so subtle and quiet. Back then, he was also like this but he was more open and carefree.

"What changed you, Nozel Silva?" You asked him and it seemed like it caught him off guard.

"People change, (Y/n). It's a phase in life and I would say that you've changed yourself" he replied and it made you happy that he actually replied with a sentence.

"Is that so? How do you say that I've changed?" You asked him, hoping to spark up a conversation. It's true that you didn't want to be engage without your approval but in this case, you're simply catching up as a friend.

"You're insolent and absolutely not disciplined" he said while you look at him with shock and hurt.

'Did he really mean it like that? Am I being to annoying?' you asked yourself. They say if you're smart, you tend to overthink situations . You're a scholar, ofcourse you're smart and now you have anxiety.

"I see, I apologize. I didn't mean to disturb you it's just that I felt a little free now that I'm back here at Clover. If it bothers you, I won't do it again and try to act more proper" you apologized and stood up from your chair.

"I'm guessing you need some silence, I must go." You said while leaving, not waiting for your childhood friend's reply.  You had nothing better to do so you went back to the Silva's abode.

You heard bickering and mockery noises coming from what it looked like to be an elegant garden. You went to the clearing and saw Noelle and her other siblings.

"Why don't you accept the fact that you're not good enough to be a Silva?" Solid said with venom lacing his voice.

"That's right, you killed our mother only to find out that you couldn't even control your magic?" Nebra continued.

'But Noelle didn't kill lady Acier...' you thought as you knew exactly what her cause of death was.

You hated how people always discriminate the weak when they weren't even given a chance to improve amidst all their insults, and you're sure that lady Acier wouldn't want their children to be such negative people.

"I think that's enough Solid, Nebra" you said with a gentle smiling face. They looked at you and silenced theirselves.

"Please excuse my intrusion amidst your talking but you'll gain nothing by spitting out negative words. Why don't you support her in her growth instead?" You asked them and they still stayed silence.

They might hate you for sticking up for Noelle but you need to protect what's right. "If there's nothing more to say then you two are excused" you said as they nodded in recognition and walked away.

"Lady (Y/n).." you heard Noelle muttered while you turned your back to face her. In Noelle's eyes you were a great example of nobility . You handled the situation smoothly and elegantly with poise and dignity. You were absolutely spectacular in the child's eyes.

"You can drop the 'Lady' part and call me by my given name" You told her as she shook her head in refusal.

"No, a Royal must always be respected at all times and—huh?" She asked dumbfounded when she heard your small laughs.

"It's alright, Noelle. We're technically sisters, I am soon to be a Silva afterall" you said even though you need to cancel the engagement.

"I suppose.." she gave in and you smiled brightly. You remembered that the Magic Knights exams were coming up and Noelle seems to be in her age.