CHAPTER 4 - Outburst

"Eh? Nozel?" You exclaimed when you see Nozel on your doorframe. It's the afternoon and you're sure that he's supposed to be doing his captain duties.

"I'll accompany you to the town" he said as you blinked your eyes several time, trying to process what said.

"But your duties—" you said in concern.

"Are relieved. You must be unfamiliar with the kingdom now and it's dangerous if you would wander aimlessly" he replied which made your lips tuck up from ear to ear.

"Shall we go now then?" You asked excitedly as he nodded in approval. You happily walked towards him and continued walking from side to side.

"I can't help but notice your braids, Nozel" you laughed at the man. He looked away fully aware that it was because of you that he chose to wear braids.

"I see nothing funny" he coldly replied.

"But you said you hated braids when I played your hair back then" you pointed out which made him sigh.

"Back then, (Y/n). I know you're aware that we've changed quite a lot" he defended himself while you hummed in response.

"You said you hated wearing your hair down and tie them up. Now, I see you only wear your hair down" he retorted back at you which made you look at him.

"Well it's because you said I look pretty with hair down before" you looked at him with a closed eyed smile. You didn't see his reaction but he was flustered but quickly regained composure.

"That's not a good reason" he looked at you. You were smiling slightly while walking.

"I think it is" you said.

"Wearing my hair down made me cope up from being parted from you back then" you explained which made Nozel saddened at your little revelation.

'So she did care for me before. Nonetheless she broke our promise' Nozel thought with a pouting face. You noticed this and poked his sides and he reacted rather quickly.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I'm sorry if I broke our promise. I told you I'll play with you again the next day but it turned out to be the next decade or more" you said as you continued.

"But I guess there's another promise that we'll break" you said which made him listen even more.

"And that is?" He asked with amusement.

"That I'll marry you" you said which made your heart sink. You truly adored the man infront of you but you knew that it was toxic to force your way into his love.

You didn't want this kind of marriage, you wanted it to be natural. You wanted him to love you truly and not love you because you're supposed to be fixed together.

"I did promise that, didn't I?" Nozel asked as he remembered the day when you were playing bride and groom. Maybe that's where his mother got the idea of having to force you two into marriage.

"Yes, you did but now that we're older... It's heart warming but it's not applicable anymore" you told him honestly.

"I agree. We need to stop this marriage" he said as you felt your heart shatter into a million pieces. You knew it, he didn't like you back and was only doing this for his late mother's wishes.

Nozel began to drift in his deep thoughts and it was quite crowded. He was thinking as to why he said to cancel the marriage in such a cold way. You're a woman with a fragile heart and he was aware of that.

"Huh..? A crying child..." You whispered and immediately went to the child. He noticed you following him so he went into an alley way. It was dark and much less crowded but you only thought that it was dangerous for a child to be here.