CHAPTER 24 - Royal Knights

"Damn that lame braid" you breathed heavily from all the running. You've just finished your mission and was extremely late for the Royal Knight's exam or whatever they call it.

"Apologies, I'm late!" You caught your breath while they all looked at you. Marx was the first one to step up, "Sorry Lady (Y/n) but we've ended our session" .

"Oh is that so..." You said in a low tone.

"It's quite alright. I'm curious as to what our selfless knight can offer" Julius spoke up as your mood instantly lighten. You clasped your hands in delight as you bowed your head as 'thankyou'

"But I guess for punishment for being tardy, I'll be pairing you with a strong knight" he continued as you got fired up.

"Of course, I'll gladly accept the challenge" you said in a courageous way.

"Then the mechanics is to simply fight to showcase your skills. I'll signal when the fight is over or not" The wizard king signalled and you nodded.

"Who am I going to fight?" You asked and he smiled.

"The Captain of the Azure Dear" he simply replied.

"Ehhhhhh!?" The small captain explained and was very enthusiastic. "Finally a redemption match!" He cheered as you giggled at his behaviour.

"B-but— Lady (Y/n) specializes in support magic. It would be unfair if she fought against a captain" Noelle stepped up in concern. The crowd whispered among themselves, most likely judging you.

"It's fine, Noelle. No one have seen my actual magic in action" you closed your eyes and smiled. She backed away and nodded, trusting your words.

"H-hai" the youngest Silva said weakly.

"Let's begin!" Both you and Rill where teleported onto the battlefield. It was an open field, no structures whatsoever.

"Head to head battle, I see" you said as you see the captain already painting a scenery. "The battlefield is in his favour" you deducted.

"But I guess I'm also cheating with my magic" you smiled confidently.

"Aurora Magic: Captivating Light" you whispered. Rill smirked since he knew that this would just feed his imagination more.

"Gomene (Y/n) but that won't work on me!" He said while copying your beautiful scenery. He wasn't faced by your magic at all until he felt someone touch him.

He immediately countered and ran away from you. He checked his body and he wasn't harmed or casted magic upon. You smiled once again at your diversion.

"Touch Magic: holders Prediction" you said as you can see the future in your very eyes.

"E-ehhh?" Rill asked confused as he took out his brush and blasted a huge amount of magic. You dodged them greatly with speed and agility.

"Aurora magic: Stealth of the  Northern lights" you hid with the lights as Rill panicked. Your magic presence was everywhere so he can't detect you with both his eyes and magic presence.

"Siren magic: lullaby of death" you sung a song that made him sleepy. He was more confused but he didn't want to give up just yet. He can't afford to lose another round against a non captain.

The young captain enveloped the whole stage with his magic. You tried to dodge but some things are inevitable.

Noelle clenched her fist, wishing for your safety. Captain Rill is powerful, so powerful that Yuno only won because Rill chipped off his own crystal.

"You got me good, Rill" you stood up with scratches covering you body. Rill attempted to do the same trick again but you activated your magic in time.

"Siren magic: Shattering Magic" you screamed as Rill's magic shattered. His sweat dropped, you were giving him a hard time.

He painted more and was building an even greater and forceful magic upon you. You need to end this match soon or you'll run out of mana. But in this case, Rill might kill you with his magic. You need to think fast.

Those who are watching was on the verge of their seats, metaphorically. Marx signalled Julius to end this match but The Wizard King had faith in you.

"There are three magic (Y/n) has showcased. They mainly affect the senses of a person namely, sight, touch, and hearing..." He trailed off.

"But there's another sense missing" he said as Marx looked at him in realization.

"Sense of taste... but how?" He said.

"We'll never know if we stop the match now, will we?" He said, returning their gazes on you.

You know very well that you needed to activate your last magic but you've been trying for weeks and still had no luck.

You remembered what that lust demon told you. You need to say his name, you thought quickly but nothing came to mind.

"Damn, should I really call him daddy at this point?" You asked and shooked that thought off.

"Hell no" you tried activating your last sensory magic. Rill's attack was coming towards you and it was fast. You braced for the attack and when it was 10 inches away from you, you suddenly blurted out a name.

"Asmodeus" you felt your body getting engulfed with black like mana. You felt more alive than ever, you have obtained such a powerful mana.

'So you've finally called, my dearest~' he said in your thoughts and smirked. You opened your mouth and converted Rill's magic into mana that you can quickly eat.

"That was tasty as hell" you said, feeling yourself getting stronger in every aspect. You quickly ran towards Rill to the point he can't react properly.

"Touch Magic: Increased Levels" you kicked the small Captain as he was sent flying to the opposite direction.

You ran towards him and decided to cast your spell all together. You somehow can't stop the feeling even if you know you'll hurt him badly. A demon will still be a demon afterall.

"Sensory Magic: Otherworldly Sense of Agony" you said as magic circles envelope Rill. A huge black magic sphere was forming and in a matter of seconds you were ready to release it.

You felt a threat coming your way and stopped the overall magic you were casting. You dodged the mana you were sensing and came to a halt.

"That's enough (Y/n)" the serious voice of Julius boomed. Everyone who was watching were either amazed or frightened by your power.

You beat the captain of the Azure Dear and released a power that the masses didn't expect to see from you. Lastly, you even evaded Julius Novachrono himself.

You returned back to your normal self and stumbled. You shook your head and stood back up.

"You did well (Y/n)" Julius smiled and you nodded. You went to go to Rill and he was frustrated over losing.

"You're such a talented captain, Rill" you commended and he cheered up from your compliment. You took out your hand for him to take.

"I'm surprised we overlooked your potential, Lady (Y/n)" he said while scratching the back of his head.

"It's understandable, I was weak" you told him and both of you returned where the rest were. Noelle congratulated you and Asta couldn't help but think that your last form was similar to his demon form.